Clash 107: footballs. . . AGAIN!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 8 2019 6:06 PM (46 replies)
  • MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 2:03 PM
    Luckystar5:

MGB01:
    couldnt give a damm about clashes.....what does annoy me is when some clueless player calls st andrews (cow pasture...).....clueless about what a great course is and even more clueless about the history of golf.....thats my 2 american cents...

You are correct, but if you knew your history, you would know that it wasn't a cow pasture,  it was a rabbit farm  !  if you're going to call people out, know your history. My American nickle! 

i know my history on all british (open) courses.....nothing an american can tell me that i dont already know trust me......read carefully what i said.....i never stated anything about what is was before....someone else said what they thought it was.....i simply said they were clueless.....which is obviously the case.....my british pennys worth...( british penny being a form of coin in britain ).....just incase nobody over the pond realise
  • LuckyTaurus
    2,633 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 3:12 PM

High Winds???

Again many of my members play one clash game an find high winds and say why bother,, this is no fun

We play for fun and will never win the prizes and probably will never however with high winds we do not have a chance in hell

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 3:14 PM

Nancy1959:
    Not only that, but throwing us 30 mph hurricane winds on a cow pasture like St. Andrews back nine again.  They just don't get that playing two days straight on stuff like this simply isn't fun for the majority of players.

Well I propose a motion to have red tee, low....or even no wind clashes from now on, as these conditions will be far more familiar with most clash participants.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 4:27 PM

yes, how about that, even you may be able to score there then . You don't play in them, but yet you are sarcastic to those who do?  very grown up. 

• jabonic
    854 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 4:44 PM
    All you that are complaining about the clash and high winds or whatever you guys complain about every 2 weeks is highly entertaining. If it is so bad then why do you guys keep playing. No one is forcing you to play these silly things, (well most CC's don't force you to play them), but why do you guys keep playing if it is so unfair? Either quit playing them or quit complaining about them. My 3 american cents!!!!
  • Nancy1959
    7,037 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 4:44 PM

Luckystar5:
    yes, how about that, even you may be able to score there then .

Hahahahaha, Lucky!  I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to say it!    :)

• Nancy1959
    7,037 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 4:49 PM

jabonic:
    All you that are complaining about the clash and high winds or whatever you guys complain about every 2 weeks is highly entertaining. If it is so bad then why do you guys keep playing. No one is forcing you to play these silly things, (well most CC's don't force you to play them), but why do you guys keep playing if it is so unfair? Either quit playing them or quit complaining about them. My 3 american cents!!!!

Many do quit playing them.  That was my point before....that WGT is a business and is all about making money, but they make a lot less when they throw out hurricane winds in the Clashes.  I played some this past Clash, but less than half as much as I normally do because it wasn't very fun.  Scores of people agree.  

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 5:07 PM

Luckystar5:
    yes, how about that, even you may be able to score there then . You don't play in them, but yet you are sarcastic to those who do?  very grown up. 

To the first part, I 100% agree, you could have me teeing up 10 yards in front of the green.....and I would still have problems breaking par.

The funny part is you had the audacity to say I was very grown up lol. Priceless. 

For the latter part, I was not being sarcastic in the slightest, just merely suggesting what most clashers seem to bemoan about during or after every clash.....high winds or tough courses. So I proposed a solution. This would negate those two common complaints.

No I do not play clashes (although I did play one round in clash #1) but then again I do not play a huge amount of WGT, but this seemed like a solution that would appease most clash participants.  

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2019 8:52 PM

Luckystar5 …+ 100

As to Alanti, the reason this ongoing forum thread started (changes # every 2 weeks) is because some of active clash players from different clubs decided to exchange notes.

We gripe occasionally because we hope WGT is listening.  (And I tend to suspect that WGT monitors find forums where multiple club owners are commenting.)

We are trying to influence clashes and compare notes.  We are not trying to get rid of clashes.  If you don't play in clashes … that's your choice (participation is voluntary inside of my club) … but I am amazed you would bother to chime in on something irrelevant to you.

Tom.

RSS