Forums

Help › Forums

Setting Hole Locations for CC Tournaments broken

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 6 2019 9:55 AM (3 replies)
  • ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Mon, Sep 2 2019 9:48 PM

Has anyone figured how to set Hole Location (easy, medium, hard) when creating country club tournaments, and actually get the Hole Location you selected?

It seems to be totally random the result I get when I select a hole location (easy, medium, hard). For example I select Easy, and the created tournament shows up with hard, medium or easy hole locations. I have not found a pattern yet. 

This problem has existed for well over a year now. Writing to customer service and submitting bug reports has not helped.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 3:56 AM

This ain't new - it has been like that from "day one".

IMNSHO, the selection IS random. It will differ between the modes, but there ain't no designated easy or hard pins.

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 9:54 PM

alosso:
    This ain't new - it has been like that from "day one".

Agreed it is not new. However it used to work and stopped working after an update. 

Back when the feature was introduced. for example for 18 holes (obviously on a course with multiple pins positions)

if "Hard" was selected, 12 holes at random would get the "hard" pin position and 6 holes at random would get the "easy" pin position.

if "Easy" was selected, 6 holes at random would get the "hard" pin position and 12 holes at random would get the "easy" pin position.

Medium would be 9 easy and 9 hard holes chosen at random.

On some holes it was debatable which pin positions were easy or hard, but on Merion several of the holes it is quite obvious.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Fri, Sep 6 2019 9:55 AM

I have got some strange results lately when playing matchplay rounds at oakmont and in our CC a tournament at Pebble gave all old pin locations, which seems very odd, not one of the latest ones at all.

I played the F9 @ oakmont in matchplay around 4 or 5 times and got the same pins very often, seemed more than normal, i played 45 holes and got the same pin 35 times, i would rather have a 50/50 split for variety

RSS