Forums

Help › Forums

Oak

Wed, Sep 4 2019 3:55 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 1:06 AM

Thanks WGT for bringing back OAK.  One of my favorite courses next to Beth.  The Mantis Mojo is back. Look out   lol

Can I now ask for the green fees to be stopped on Cabo and Whistler.    Two new courses to be added to the list so to speak 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 8:14 AM

mantis0014:

Thanks WGT for bringing back OAK.  One of my favorite courses next to Beth.  The Mantis Mojo is back. Look out   lol

Can I now ask for the green fees to be stopped on Cabo and Whistler.    Two new courses to be added to the list so to speak 

That would be nice but WGT doesn’t own them True Golf does. And I don’t see True Golf allowing WGT to drop the green fees except for a day or 2 on special occasions.

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 8:55 AM

Here, Here BIG Kudos to WGT for getting Oakmont back.  I don't know what had to happen but getting Oakmont was like Christmas in August.  WGT always hears about it from everyone when they screw something up.  Lets thank them for getting this one spot on.

THANKS WGT

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 10:41 AM
    +1 However you guys got it done, a thousand thanks.
    SeabrookFlash:

Here, Here BIG Kudos to WGT for getting Oakmont back.  I don't know what had to happen but getting Oakmont was like Christmas in August.  WGT always hears about it from everyone when they screw something up.  Lets thank them for getting this one spot on.

THANKS WGT

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 8:14 PM

I hope I’m wrong but I have a feeling that Oakmont will be our 2020 U.S. Open course because Winged Foot said NO. 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2019 4:48 AM

At my age my memory is foggy and faulty, but it seems I remember a discussion of a full Bandon course coming in 2020. If WGT has any long term plans, developing full courses from venues that are already under contract makes perfect sense.

Wolf Creek came from a ctth setup for a reason. It is much easier to work on some kind of contract extension between parties that know and trust each other rather than starting fresh with strangers. Bringing back Oakmont falls into this area of an existing good relationship being rekindled. 

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2019 7:30 AM

L

HackWilson1930:

At my age my memory is foggy and faulty, but it seems I remember a discussion of a full Bandon course coming in 2020. If WGT has any long term plans, developing full courses from venues that are already under contract makes perfect sense.

Wolf Creek came from a ctth setup for a reason. It is much easier to work on some kind of contract extension between parties that know and trust each other rather than starting fresh with strangers. Bringing back Oakmont falls into this area of an existing good relationship being rekindled. 

Bandon Dunes is the 2020 U.S. Amateur course. Winged Foot is the 2020 U.S.Open course. And it won’t be the first time we got Oakmont in place of  U.S. Open course. We got it in 2010 when  EA Sports was  trying to claim that they had exclusive rights to Pebble Beach. Oakmont was the Lady’s U.S. Open course. 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 1:21 AM

Very interesting stuff

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 2:48 AM

I want Carnoustie .

Enough of this target golf on perfect courses .

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 5:16 AM

I hacked my way around Carnoustie when I was an 18 handicapper, don't recommend it, ( I mean have better skills to enjoy ) but a wonderful golf course.

Better than St Andrews imho.

• PAGES
RSS