Forums

Help › Forums

flash player

Fri, Nov 1 2019 4:13 AM (27 replies)
  • Bpearl11
    6 Posts
    Thu, Aug 29 2019 3:12 PM

just wondering why i have to enable flash player every time i log on ....i have it set to allow in the sight settings ....also crazy ads trying to load constantly placing a white bar across my meter line at the bottom...any help is appreciated.....running it on chrome..

• viticult
    34 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 10:52 AM

today, my flash player not working, not getting prompted to enable.   was working fine yesterday. 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Sep 5 2019 1:14 PM

What browser Viticult?

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 4:30 AM

ScottHope:

What browser Viticult?

Scott even though I don't use it much except for forums and get free credit pages at times,I have the latest version of Google Chrome. If I left click on the flash icon if that is what you want to call it I get the message about running flash. Except the run this plug-in is greyed out and can't be selected. All my other browsers are either old enough to have flash always enabled or has the enable flash or run this plug-in selectable. 

Oh by the way for me it is left click because I have switched the primary and secondary mouse buttons. 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 4:45 AM

viticult:
    today, my flash player not working, not getting prompted to enable.   was working fine yesterday. 

That happened to me (Chrome) awhile back. 

Found out that flash was blocked and had to get into  chrome settings to unblock it.

Then the usual enable flash message came back

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 5:26 AM

borntobesting:
    If I left click on the flash icon if that is what you want to call it I get the message about running flash. Except the run this plug-in is greyed out and can't be selected.

Click the circled "i" next to "not secure" in the address bar. Allow it there and then that icon will be active.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 6:56 AM

YankeeJim:
    Click the circled "i" next to "not secure" in the address bar. Allow it there and then that icon will be active.
    If you have cleared out your cache recently, the allow flash option may not be there. In which case, click the site settings at the bottom of that dialogue box and then enable it on the settings page that will open.

Just for reference. For me, that flash plug-in icon on the right hand end of the address bar always shows that flash is blocked, even when it isn't.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 8:44 AM

ScottHope:
    If you have cleared out your cache recently, the allow flash option may not be there.

It's always there, the option never changes in that drop down box and must be set every time you open the browser, cache or no cache.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 9:16 AM

It may always be there for you Jim, but for me, it isn't after I clear my cache.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 10:12 AM

Never seen that, Scott. Only use Chrome and I cleared the cache back when everything was bonkers. Oddly enough, the browser I use for the game never skipped a beat during all the chaos. 

Do you suppose downloading an older version of a browser along with an older version of Flash would eliminate this whole issue? That seems to be the only difference in browsers for me.

RSS