Forums

Help › Forums

Names

Sat, Aug 31 2019 9:53 PM (21 replies)
  • ajs55man
    3 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 6:21 AM

Some names of players I find very offensive , can anything be done about that.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 7:18 AM

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 8:04 AM

ajs55man:

Some names of players I find very offensive , can anything be done about that.

Actually yes you can . Report the profile name to C/S and let them know about it . They will take it from there . If they feel the same as you then they will have that player start a new profile that they approve of .

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 8:20 AM

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 9:12 AM

You can use Adblock Plus or AdBlock to block out stuff in the forum, profile pages etc, by adding custom filters to the application.

If you add this custom filter to AB or ABP it should block out my name in the header of my posts.

wgt.com#?#div.ForumPostUserDisplayName>a:-abp-contains(ScottHope)

How to add a custom filter to AdBlock

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 9:56 AM

TopShelf2010:
    Now mind you, I have no idea what the OP is finding offensive. But I would like to believe if WGT didn't see a red flag during the sign up process, why would they now?

I believe the sign up process goes through a computer program , Leaving loop holes in the system , Sometimes it might take a real life human to make the call . Enter CS or a Moderator . You are correct in questioning what is appropriate to some might not be to others . Someone has to decide .  Ok ill do it .  lol

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 10:00 AM

I've seen a few names in my day that really made me say WTF??   but I just move on.  However, I'm sure that if someone complained to WGT about a certain screen name that just so happened to go against the Terms & Conditions then something would probably be done about it.   But if it just offends someone but is within the T&C's, then tuff chit I would say.  

From the T&C

Each user will either select a username or allow WGT to automatically select a username at random. Additionally, users may form "teams" and such teams will be required to choose a team name. When you choose a username, team name or otherwise create a label that can be seen by other players using the games, you must abide by the following guidelines as well as the rules of common decency. If WGT finds such a label to be offensive or improper, it may, in its sole and absolute discretion, change the name, remove the label and corresponding chat room, and/or suspend or terminate your use of the games.

In particular, you may not use any name:

1. Belonging to another person, including pop culture figures or celebrities, with the intent to impersonate that person, including without limitation a "Game Master" or any other employee or agent of WGT;

2. That incorporates vulgar language or which are otherwise offensive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

3. Subject to the rights of any other person or entity without written authorization from that person or entity;

4. That is, contains, or is substantially similar to a trademark or service mark, whether registered or not;

5. That is intended to inflame, trash-talk, or provoke a reaction from the community;

6. Taken from WGT's products;

7. Related to drugs, sex, alcohol, or any criminal activity;

8. Comprised of gibberish (e.g., "Asdfasdf", "Jjxccm", "Hvlldrm"), URLs, spam, or anything that is intended to solicit other players for commercial purposes;

9. You may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the name restrictions listed above, nor can you have a "first" and "last" name that, when combined, violate the above name restrictions.

10. Each user participating on the Site and/or through the Application(s) may have only one player Account. If you wish to create a new player Account, please contact us at members@worldgolftour.com. If WGT determines that you have more than one Account, all Accounts created subsequent to the first Account may be automatically terminated without notice. Continued violation of the Terms & Conditions, including the creation of more than one player Account, may result in the termination of all of your player Accounts. Your Account is non transferable. You may not allow any other person to use your player Account to access WGT, participate in any tournament or game, or to accept any winnings related to your player Account.

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 12:22 PM

First,i agree with the op. What find offensive(or just juvenile) are all the sly vaguely disguised penis reference names! After reviewing the rules in H post,what about all the TigerWoods that are playing,even alot of WigerToods. Don't these violate rule #1?

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 1:33 PM

BOZskills:
    After reviewing the rules in H post,what about all the TigerWoods that are playing,even alot of WigerToods. Don't these violate rule #1?
    The important thing here is that you are not trying to impersonate them.

Even if you use your own name it's quite likely that someone in the world has the same name as you.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 2:06 PM

It's the same for actors i'm sure, if your real name is that of another actor you can't use it.

ScottHope:

BOZskills:
    After reviewing the rules in H post,what about all the TigerWoods that are playing,even alot of WigerToods. Don't these violate rule #1?
    The important thing here is that you are not trying to impersonate them.

Even if you use your own name it's quite likely that someone in the world has the same name as you.

RSS