Forums

Help › Forums

too many players quitting during stroke rounds

Sat, Nov 7 2009 8:34 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 10:44 PM

Getting ridiculous.. all nite i've been trying to finish a round.. i'm gettin close to par, nothing outragously over. Not saying anything stupid in the chat. Nothing i'm doing that would cause them to quit.. but if it's somebody good and they get a bogey, or having a tough round, they disconnect.. cause they dont wanna bring up their fake low avg. Then when someone leaves and you're left with 2 players, they figure, this is kinda gay and they quit too. Its like wow all nite havent been able to finish a round because everybody bails out and it has nothing to do with me. They have to address the disconnecting by making it so if you quit, next time you try to play, you have to resume that round. Its spoiling the gameplay.

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 10:51 PM

starting another round here.. me and 2 players.. but that little spinning circle waiting for them to connect.. reminds me of how half the time at the start of games, you'll lose someone because they're impatient and after more than 10 seconds they disconnect. Should be like match-play where you have to hang in there and wait 10min or you lose the round and losing the round brings your avg up. I dunno figure it out you guys.. cause it aint workin out with all the quitting.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 11:39 PM

coolhotfun:
    Should be like match-play where you have to hang in there and wait 10min or you lose the round and losing the round brings your avg up.

Wrong.

Match play is NOT connected to your average.

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:38 PM

it should that way they wouldnt be quitting all the time

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 8:51 PM

coolhotfun:
    They have to address the disconnecting by making it so if you quit, next time you try to play, you have to resume that round. Its spoiling the gameplay.

And when they resume that round it should be in RANKED ROUND.Then,one way or the other, it will effect their average.

Larry

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 5:58 AM

I posted this idea in another thread but it's appropriate here too. What if the stats were updated after every hole  instead of after the final putt?

YJ

p.s., nice to meet the calm, rational coolhotfun.......

• BGibbons
    8 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 7:35 AM

Ive played a few masters,and when they get 1 over they quit...it's B.S.

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:40 PM

well, its been over an hour now.. trying to get an 18 hole game going. Here's how it goes.. you start a game, and you know some chump is gonna drop and you dont wanna be left with you and one guy so gotta make a 4 player game. So you start one and somebody joins, but they're too impatient to wait, so they give ya 10 seconds and bail-out. Well, whatever.. i go in another window and check it when i hear a few clicks. Could be someone joined could be they left.. need a DING-DING noise when the set amount of players is ready to go. So start the game. One guy 'll drop when the spinning icon takes more than 30 seconds waiting for tee off to be a go. So you're down to 3. Allright.. the game's good ta go! Tee off.. oh.. you're on the bethpage green now.. dang.. somebody is gonna bogey.. whoops when they see that, ya lost another one. Now you're down to two guys. Make it to the next hole.. whoops he got it in the rough.. he goes.. yeah.. 2 players is kinda gay thru a whole 16 more holes.. i'm out he says. Well.. if i wanted to play an 18 alone, could do that.. so restart and try again. Whatever.. i'm gonna keep trying to get a game going cause i wanna get a full score of 18 holes. Everybody out there only makes 9 hole games and its usually that kiawah. Allright over there but not all the time.. like to change things up. So not looking good with trying to get an 18 hole game going. Everyone has such short attention spans nowadays.

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2009 6:48 PM

well here i am again.. started another 4 player 18hole round.. At first bp green, me and only one other guy going to hole 2.

sounds like people's patience with the game is.. they count to 3 and if the game doesnt start they move on to another server. 1-2-3 oh game didnt start i'm out. Attention span of goldfish most of the players around here.

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2009 9:04 PM

4 hours later.. still trying to get a multiplayer 18 hole game going. You dont see them dropping like that in match rounds. They need to change things with stroke play so there's consequences for disconnecting. That seems to be what keeps them from quitting like that in match play. So case closed on this subject. Just letting them know how bad it is, in case they dont already know.

• PAGES
RSS