skip nav

Forums

If I told my members to do this would I wrong

Tue, Aug 27 2019 3:35 AM by Kenbo00. 24 replies.
  • AlexBorgesjr United States
    621 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 5:26 PM

So Lets do this ladies, and Gents, Play someone promotes the club, If you have any friends from your past club that would fit in here please contact them and let's get them signed up. I am still playing every night and recruiting. We must gain many more members to rise above the best. Thank You all for the dedication you show this club

What I'm trying to say if I ask my team to go back to there old clubs and sign them up on my team now, that would be alright wouldn't it?

Digg
    Delicious
  • BogeyOne United States
    1,111 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 6:00 PM

Digg
    Delicious
  • AlaskanDame United States
    9,071 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 6:31 PM
    AlexBorgesjr:
    What I'm trying to say if I ask my team to go back to there old clubs and sign them up on my team now, that would be alright wouldn't it?
    If your new people came from clubs that have lost an owner or weren't very active as a club or didn't have members playing very recently, I'd say, "Great!"

However, if none of those conditions is true, then many (including myself) would frown on recruiting from former ACTIVE clubs through wall posts -- as being a little rude. But, if it's just done during chat in a matchplay or ALT between friends, who is to know? And maybe the "fit" between member and club would be better.

My 2 cents. Good luck.
    Digg
    Delicious
    9,071 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 7:18 PM

Ummm, so you left the American Golf Academy and Skype Club, and then you started The American Golf Academy?

You just don’t like Skype?

If so, you’d be safe at my club.  We’ll never have it.  :)

Send me a friend request if you’re interested in merging, instead of starting your own.

AKD

Digg
    Delicious
  • lonniescott711 United States
    3,971 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 7:47 PM

AlaskanDame:

Ummm, so you left the American Golf Academy and Skype Club, and then you started The American Golf Academy?

No thats not the reason he left .

Digg
    Delicious
    621 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 10:11 PM

first, the name is mine, my son thought them up 7 years ago, I didn't leave, I was released, kicked to the curb, and SKYPE never caught on, must have missed too many majors, that's the only rule we have for dismissing a teammate, and life is better for everyone now, well it's better for me anyway.

lonniescott711:

AlaskanDame:

lonniescott711:

AlaskanDame:

lonniescott711:

AlaskanDame:

Digg
    Delicious
    621 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 10:28 PM

Well lets clear this up I didn't write that the person who wrote that doesn't believe players are free agent, unless he sends his team in to raid their old teams and hurry up and sign them up, anyone else does 1 person and there not Agents trying to acquire the best available talent for there golf teams, he calls them poachers, I don't plan on calling him out by name but lets just say I don't believe Both American Golf Academy's with be around for a long time. and I owned the first one 6 years, so I see the inside track who works and who doesn't very hard at both CC's time will tell 

Digg
    Delicious
    9,071 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 10:36 PM

Sounds like a very long back story full of drama -- and another thing you won't find in my club is "drama."  So, I need to withdraw my invitation to think about my club as a non-Skype haven, Alex.  (And no, I'm not taking sides on whatever happened in your former club . . . . . . and I haven't yet heard from LonnieScott, though I did accept his friend request.)

But I still wish you luck in Life.  It's too short to have feuds of any sort, don't you think?

Cheers,

AKD

EDIT:  and I just now accepted your friend request, too, Alex.  Say what you need to privately and then let's just be done, okay?  

Digg
    Delicious
  • lonniescott711 United States
    3,971 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 5:32 AM

AlexBorgesjr:

Well lets clear this up I didn't write that the person who wrote that doesn't believe players are free agent, unless he sends his team in to raid their old teams and hurry up and sign them up, anyone else does 1 person and there not Agents trying to acquire the best available talent for there golf teams, he calls them poachers, I don't plan on calling him out by name but lets just say I don't believe Both American Golf Academy's with be around for a long time. and I owned the first one 6 years, so I see the inside track who works and who doesn't very hard at both CC's time will tell 

I dont want to do this here but you do . You were released for poaching from active clubs . After I tried to discuss this with you and telling you that you were not to do that . You told me that you were going to do what you wanted to do . I still have the post on my wall Alex that started it all . You tried to justify your actions by what another club and owner are doing . Even now you`re here in the main forum trying to find support for poaching other active clubs .

You`ve even started trying to poach the members from me now . By the way the club knows the truth now about why you are no longer in the club so your lies will no longer work on them . I dont like drama Alex Im to old for it and this is just a game . Children argue over games and toys adults dont .

I wish you well with your new club but try building it without poaching from other clubs .

Digg
    Delicious
  • JDGHOST United States
    1,602 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 6:17 AM

lonniescott711:

AlexBorgesjr:

I dont want to do this here but you do . You were released for poaching from active clubs . After I tried to discuss this with you and telling you that you were not to do that . You told me that you were going to do what you wanted to do . I still have the post on my wall Alex that started it all . You tried to justify your actions by what another club and owner are doing . Even now you`re here in the main forum trying to find support for poaching other active clubs .

You`ve even started trying to poach the members from me now . By the way the club knows the truth now about why you are no longer in the club so your lies will no longer work on them . I dont like drama Alex Im to old for it and this is just a game . Children argue over games and toys adults dont .

I wish you well with your new club but try building it without poaching from other clubs .

I was reading this and going to remain silent as I have had my own issues with owners and directors coming into my club (via our roster I mean) attempting to "Poach" members with postings on their wall with promises of "golden roads to paradise and rainbow dreams" LOL....

That being said I recruit as hard as anyone BUT I do it via Recruiting post here....I do it thru searching tourneys and seeing players THAT ARE NOT CLUB AFFILIATED ....

I understand there is no "WGT LAW" set in stone on this but I think its obvious there is an unwritten agreement among "Respectable Owners and their clubs" That Poaching is a no-no...Now if one of our members comes to me and says he was playing with so and so and wants  to join TFC because their not happy in their club....sure sign um up!!... Or I get a response to my recruiting thread here.....sure  sign um up!!

SO I find Lonnie's decision admirable and correct...And kudos for having good ethics Sir..

My thoughts ..

JD 

Digg
    Delicious
RSS