skip nav

Forums

Time Whores In HTH play

Wed, Sep 4 2019 2:08 AM by SlickHunter. 11 replies.
  • boris332 United States
    12 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 4:29 AM

Hello all, does anyone else have problems with people simply wasting time waiting to play next shot in any coin room h-t-h games? Seems if your opponent is losing, he/she will wait out the clock in hopes I get pissed and leave first. Then coins/points go to them. Or worst yet people leave you hanging (not forfeit properly) and you sit for 2x 45 sec periods. 

Aggravating!!

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,350 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 3:10 PM

As long as someone is not cheating (actually breaking some rule), you just have to take it for what it is - a game.  Not worth getting too upset over.

Digg
    Delicious
  • boris332 United States
    12 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 6:06 PM

DoctorLarry:

As long as someone is not cheating (actually breaking some rule), you just have to take it for what it is - a game.  Not worth getting too upset over.

Guess you’re right Dr L. Sometimes try to fit a quick game or two in and that’s when the.     d r a g g I n g  begins. 

I have a ball with this game. Spend many many hours playing. When I first joined, thought it was going to be like the old Tiger Woods game from few years back. Not realistic in any way. This game however, is as real as it can be without actually teeing off.  Great game.

Digg
    Delicious
  • SimonTheBeetle Canada
    766 Posts
    Sun, Aug 25 2019 1:10 PM

I've encountered those "time whores"*, too. (* I like the term! LOL) Yes, it is very aggravating.

That's why I only play one-hole or max three-hole matches just in case. You might consider it as well.

And indeed, this is truly a great game. Enjoy it and don't get stressed by losers. Cheers.

Digg
    Delicious
  • SlickHunter United States
    746 Posts
    Mon, Aug 26 2019 4:02 PM

If you’re getting aggravated by players playing slow, there are lots of other games to choose from, that have faster gameplay. You want to be accommodated for your own benefit, then play alone. You may not realize, lots of players are in their old age, 2x45 seconds shot clock may not even be enough. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • boris332 United States
    12 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 4:27 AM

SlickHunter:

If you’re getting aggravated by players playing slow, there are lots of other games to choose from, that have faster gameplay. You want to be accommodated for your own benefit, then play alone. You may not realize, lots of players are in their old age, 2x45 seconds shot clock may not even be enough. 

Believe me SlickHunter, I’m already there. Everything is fine. Just think some people try to ‘stall’ on purpose. Most not though. Agree on doing some fast math (particularly on wind, distance, elevation & lie) corrections in 45 sec is challenging. I’ve hurried many a shots without a good result.  I do like having time limits though, it keeps things moving pretty well along. 

Back to playing.....

Digg
    Delicious
  • 1969DodgeDartGT United States
    21 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 12:44 PM

My method of madness is, "ask them if there is a reason for the delay? Most will answer back with a, "calculating distance" or something reasonable to understand. But if the player doesn't respond or is "snippy" I'll block them. 

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,350 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2019 6:56 PM

SlickHunter:
    lots of players are in their old age, 2x45 seconds shot clock may not even be enough. 

Well, I resemble that remark - are you trying to imply that I...uh, uh, 

uh...what were we talking about?

:~)

Digg
    Delicious
  • SlickHunter United States
    746 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2019 1:59 AM

DoctorLarry:

SlickHunter:
    lots of players are in their old age, 2x45 seconds shot clock may not even be enough. 

Well, I resemble that remark - are you trying to imply that I...uh, uh, 

uh...what were we talking about?

:~)

I’m in the same boat, and I know that feeling-:)

Digg
    Delicious
  • DufferJohn7 United States
    2,010 Posts
    Sun, Sep 1 2019 7:43 PM

New favorite story, one of my few AS games, par 3 tee shot, I fumbled my calcs and had to redo, opponent commented, "Why is he talking so long?", I hit the ding and ball stopped about 2 feet from the hole. My partner answered, "That's why!" LoL

Have fun, take your time and hit em straight,

John

Digg
    Delicious
RSS