Help › Forums

One & Done Week 33 - The Tour Championship

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 4 2019 11:39 AM (28 replies)
  • WGTJudgeSmails
    259 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 9:52 AM

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the most expensive finale since Game of Thrones, it is The Tour Championship presented by Coca Cola. So there is something we had to consider this week with the prize money being so ridiculous this week. I don't think I realized there wasn't an actual purse and all the bonus money was really what is being awarded this week. That means literally everyone has a chance to win, but I didn't like the idea of someone being able to pick JT or Cantlay who hadn't used them all year. So I have created a leaderboard where all the players are even par and will award the ridiculous prize money for who actually scores the lowest. There will also be no new players this week, if you have played one time you can make a pick, but this can't be your first pick. This makes players at the bottom of the field especially interesting considering they will have to shoot low numbers and be playing super aggressive to get back from 10 down. In the event of a tie for first, I will do the money like it was any other tie where they would split the combined money of those positions. 

In all honesty, I think I would try a different strategy next year, but at the same time the people playing the best are getting sleeves on sleeves so I say let the sweepstakes begin!

Oh, congratulations as well to twinponds169 for his Justin Thomas pick this past week, those balls are in your inventory. Here is what everyone needs for tomorrow:

One & Done Sheet

The Tour Championship Field

Player's Used

The Tour Championship Leaderboard

Good luck to everyone!

-Judge Smails

• RMS1364
    140 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 10:21 AM

I'll take J Thomas since I haven't taken him already. Hope he stays hot! Thx for the seasons work Judge. RMS.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 10:27 AM

Tony Finau this week for me pls Judge.  :) 

Also, wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you for running this for us all year and another thank you to you and/or the powers that be at WGT for all the sweet prizes.  

Really enjoyed it and am looking forward to next year!  If you need help with some of the logistical stuff, i'd be willing to assist.  

cheers!

brad

• jason01291
    411 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 11:12 AM

I saved Brooks Koepka for end 

Its not fair not allowing to choose Brooks Koepka

If i cant pick Brooks Koepka

Then Roaring Tiger pick is  Dustin Johnson 

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 11:19 AM

Thank you Judge. Finally made a pick that didn't get VEMMED, lol.

Glad to accept the sleeve of balls, much needed, thank you, but was thinking I won enough for almost 2 sleeves, lol. In last weeks leg, you mentioned upping the ante to 1500 credits but did not mention any sleeves. Either way, much appreciated and thanks again,

Going with Paul Casey this week.  :-)

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 11:24 AM

Rory for me

• Gepetto1958
    4,218 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 11:41 AM
    I have already chosen the top 15 on the FedEx board in the year. So I'm going with Paul Casey. Thank you for this fun year Judge, JP
  • SeveFrost
    1,489 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 11:44 AM

Cantlay for Team Seve please Judge, and thanks for running the competition

• RMS1364
    140 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 11:50 AM

Unless I'm misunderstanding, you can still pick him if not picked yet, but the winner is based off total scoring for this week and not prize money won. RMS.

• jason01291
    411 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 12:52 PM

There will also be no new players this week, if you have played one time you can make a pick, but this can't be your first pick.

RSS