Forums

Help › Forums

Tied for 58th at Virtual U.S. Amateur Qualifier

Thu, Aug 22 2019 10:32 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Csunalum
    9 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 12:02 AM

Don't know if I lost in the tie breaker or mobile players aren't allowed, but I didn't make the bracket tourney, even tho I finished tied for 58.  But come on wgt, at least give us the prize money for finishing top 64.

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 11:02 AM

Hi

By the way, does anybody knows when bracket tournament will start?

Agassi1991

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 11:51 AM

Y0ur I0st in c0unt back. Just Iike many 0f us.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 12:23 PM

Agassi1991:

Hi

By the way, does anybody knows when bracket tournament will start?

August 1 - 18 Virtual U.S. Amateur Qualifier 128,000 WGT Credits
    Pinehurst No. 2   Details »
    August 22 - 25 Virtual U.S. Amateur Brackets 1 through 4 20,000 WGT Credits
    Pinehurst No. 2   Details »
    September 21 Virtual U.S. Amateur Championship Virtual U.S. Amateur trophy
    $2,000 in gift cards
    Phigolf WGT Edition
    Choice of 2020
     U.S. Amateur or
     U.S. Open tickets
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 12:39 PM

lonnieskinner:
    Y0ur I0st in c0unt back. Just Iike many 0f us.

Maybe but............. 

2. Eligibility.

Participation in the Contest is open to individuals who are 18 years of age or older. Note, however, that only individuals who are legal residents of and physically located in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), the United Kingdom, Germany, Australia, Norway, Ireland, The Netherlands, and South Korea who are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in the entrant's state or province/territory ("province") of residence, whichever is greater are eligible to win prizes.  Only players who reside in countries eligible to win prizes will be entered into the bracket tournament.

(bold is wgt's)

He may be too far down but many that have been listed as winning the 2,000c and qualifying don't come from one of the eligible countries.  Has the 2,000c been paid?

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 1:40 PM

Looks like the non eligble players have their places in the bracket taken by eligble players next on the list. Don't know if that means the non eligble players still get the 2000cr and the eligble players who replace them don't.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Aug 21 2019 3:20 PM

Seems they do, about 15 replacements, I hope they do get the 2,000c too then.

• Stuman66
    244 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2019 6:59 AM

Csunalum:

Don't know if I lost in the tie breaker or mobile players aren't allowed, but I didn't make the bracket tourney, even tho I finished tied for 58.  But come on wgt, at least give us the prize money for finishing top 64.

Yeah, you finished right behind me. Unfortunately it's only the top 64 eligible that made it (not top 64 and ties). So they used their typical tiebreaker which uses the back nine and of course I had a hot front nine and two or three pars on the back. Only (7) 56's made it.

We'll get em next time.

• Jeanniejef
    834 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2019 1:01 PM

I made even though finished 65th. But what a joke as bracket tournament is only available on pc version. I’ve only ever played on iPad . Have sent WGT a message highlighting the obvious how can you run a tourney on the mobile version that you can’t complete on mobile should you progress . Not everyone is in the dark ages and owns a pc these days.

Should be two events one for mobile and one for pc. Just a joke.

only good was I got my 2000cr

Davie

• Stuman66
    244 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2019 1:57 PM

Jeanniejef:

I made even though finished 65th. But what a joke as bracket tournament is only available on pc version. I’ve only ever played on iPad . Have sent WGT a message highlighting the obvious how can you run a tourney on the mobile version that you can’t complete on mobile should you progress . Not everyone is in the dark ages and owns a pc these days.

Should be two events one for mobile and one for pc. Just a joke.

only good was I got my 2000cr

Davie

Are you sure that you can't play? I do some stuff on mobile and looks like if you go to 'game modes', then 'tournaments', then 'Virtual US Am' (at top), then you're in Bracket 2. 

Just trying to help, hopefully it does. Good luck either way.

• PAGES
RSS