Forums

Help › Forums

Suggested web browser

Thu, Oct 17 2019 8:17 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • eurocatgolf
    5 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 6:44 PM

Is there a certain web browser that works better than others for this game?  I am using IE 8.0 and I see that some are using Safari. How does Firefox rate?

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 7:30 PM

I believe that WGT recommends Firefox (I can not find the link right now). Most people claim Google Chrome works best. ( I use it).

IE 8 had some bugs associated with it and I do not know if they have been fixed.  

Good luck and happy hitting.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 7:52 PM

Many people (myself included) recommend Chrome as the best option. WGT has warned about bugs in Internet Explorer 8. Generally, IE is the tardiest browser of all, so I wouldn't recommend either of its versions for playing this game. Firefox seems to be preferred by the WGT staff, but only earlier today they announced they'd be fixing a Firefox-specific bug. Quite a few posters have reported success with playing the game in Safari.

• eurocatgolf
    5 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 4:34 AM

Thanks peeps. I've never used google chrome. I take it that it won't bogg my system like IE does?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 5:06 AM

No, Chrome usually runs very smoothly. I don't like Chrome for text-based webpages (like this forum), because in that area, Chrome seems to be rather unwieldy, and it just doesn't offer all the functionality I need. (My primary browser is Opera.)

For graphics-intensive activities, though, like playing this golf game, or watching live TV on the PC, I have found Chrome performs better than the other common browsers. At least that's my experience.

One important recommendation: after launching the game pop-up window, it's recommended to close the original browser window with the WGT webpage. (All other windows, too, of course.) Much less chance of a meter stutter that way.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 11:55 AM

eurocatgolf:

Is there a certain web browser that works better than others for this game?  I am using IE 8.0 and I see that some are using Safari. How does Firefox rate?

I guess I must be charmed.  I have been using IE8 and have never had a problem with it...."If it ain't broke, don't fix it"... so I will soldier on with it.

Peace.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 9:23 AM

I'm having trouble getting the Opera browser to work with the game. Is it compatible?

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 6:17 PM

I would definitely recommend either Google Chrome or Mozilla Seamonkey.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 8:37 PM

Richard, there are known issues that have not been addressed when using Opera, so I assume WGT does not support it, but just a wag.

If you haven't already, give google Chrome a try. I use it for nothing but golfing, and open with via direct link (not using the 'play now'  (pop-up) option) and it works very well.

Don't forget to access your flash cache settings directly from which ever browser you are running the game from! 

VHL

• DickNasty7
    3 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2019 7:13 AM

CHROME WORKS BEST! Also clear out your cache in internet settings. That will help a lot.

• PAGES
RSS