Forums

Help › Forums

Steam problem

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 18 2019 5:24 PM (4 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 1:56 PM

I have had an account on Steam for a few years and was playing the Perfect Parallel golf game.  Last time I played it was in early 2018.  I logged into Steam earlier today and let it do all its updates, then tried to play the golf game only to have it fail to execute with the message of an unknown problem and would be notified of any solution.  I then tried to play another one of the far more resource demanding games only to get the same result.  Anyone else running into this?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 4:28 PM

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 5:04 PM

TopShelf2010:

BogeyOne:
    Anyone else running into this?

As far as that other golf game, I was under the impression it was no longer available?

It is still there but has been renamed "Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf."  

It is a 5 GB download and I did that only to find the game would not execute with that appropriate notice.

I played it total of 207 hours before leaving it a couple of years ago and found it a bit too over the top for my taste.  I was only trying to secure another golf game in the event WGT goes down.

I also spent a couple of years playing a really fun golf game named "Shot Online."  That will be my next attempt to secure again.

CYA.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 5:20 PM

BogeyOne:
    I was only trying to secure another golf game in the event WGT goes down.

Links 2003 is a great alternative. I'll be picking that back up if WGT ever folds. :-)

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 5:24 PM

BogeyOne:
    another golf game in the event WGT goes down.

Could be . But to me no other game could replace the time I have spent here in WGT land .

OPY 

Thank you fore all the fun , 

RSS