Forums

Help › Forums

Is this Cheating or am I missing something??

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 18 2019 11:19 AM (6 replies)
  • MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2019 8:30 AM

I’m a bit confused. Today I was playing in a H2H game on mobile and went to look at my opponents bag and clubs. He had a bunch of stuff that was 4-6 levels above his actual player level.  He was level 86 but had clubs that should be locked until levels 90-92. 

What am I missing? Are you able to buy/have/use equipment that should be locked?

Here’s a screen shot I took. I blurred out their name as I don’t want to accuse someone of cheating if it is something that I’m not aware of.   ?😕?

https://ibb.co/BK3GVbq 

• largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2019 9:29 AM
    Yes you did miss something. The Pro shop clearance sale before new equipment was added.
  • MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2019 10:40 AM

largemouth51:
    Yes you did miss something. The Pro shop clearance sale before new equipment was added.

Ok I remember the sale.

Did they UNLOCK all the items and allow people to purchase items that were at levels above their player level??

• largemouth51
    1,212 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2019 9:52 AM

They drop the level of these items to enhance sales 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2019 1:12 PM

largemouth51:

They drop the level of these items to enhance sales 

Ok. Thanks. 😀

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 4:43 AM

I was also told that if they buy a bundle of clubs they can get higher level equipment too 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Aug 18 2019 11:19 AM

bossbird:
    I was also told that if they buy a bundle of clubs they can get higher level equipment too 

I see them more frequently on mobile because they pop up as "flash sales" or "specials" but they are also offered to desktop players.

These "bundles" may be a new set of clubs or something like a "set of 3 cleveland wedges" these are cash transactions that don't show up in a players activity profile but when a player becomes eligible for them, they are offered all 3 wedges bundled with maybe a sleeve of balls and credits and coins... these limited time offers are offered when the player reaches a certain level despite not having reached the highest level of all the clubs being offered. WGT is not going to restrict the players use of those wedges after a cash sale, so this appears to be an exemption WGT offers for these cash sales...

But it appears suspicious to anyone not familiar with it... Whereas clubs purchased in the proshop are in-game gold coin credit purchases and those show up in a players activity profile. Another reason, the absence of the purchase looks suspicious to those unaware of the subtle difference. ..

RSS