• PAGES
  • Lollo007
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jan 1 2009 8:50 AM

May i change the stance ?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Jan 5 2009 11:34 AM

Hi Lollo, this feature is not yet available.

• GMTIM
    32 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2009 8:35 AM

I have to ask a really silly question......why would you need to change the stance of the avatar???? I believe that the stance is trying to show a proper stance with recommended swing movements. I guess I am saying that my feeling is that I like the realism of the game but after all is said and done it is a "game". I guess I would understand if it was using animated figures..like a big purple gorilla that one may say something about a proper stance but this just seems to be a bit off the wall option considering

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2009 8:39 AM

The old PGA Charity Skills Competition (what this used to be) had an advanced club set with Stance Control option.  It is a valid thing to have and adjusting your stance will vary the trajectory of the ball even futher.

• GMTIM
    32 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2009 8:50 AM

wouldn't swing and contact point do this also????

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2009 9:27 AM

Contact point is more a result of your swing angle.  When you're out on the course for real you're never trying to hit the top of the ball or the bottom like we are in this game.  You're just trying to put a good swing on the ball and hit it squarely.  Where you put it in your stance, along with other factors will have big effect on ball flight.

When the ball is played back in your stance (closer to the right foot for right handers) it creates a steeper angle of impact. This causes the ball to pop out with a high trajectory and with a lot of spin.  This is great for your scoring irons because you want  high lofted shots that land soft and spin.

For long irons and woods, the ball is generally played more forward in the stance.  This creates a longer sweeping swing with a shallow angle of impact.  It creates a more normal or slightly lower trajectory when you desire more forward roll.

• GMTIM
    32 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2009 9:45 AM

I completly agree that there are many factors to a swing and ball flight. I was unaware that this feature was available in a prev. gen of the WGT. I guess it could be fun to play with if this option resurfaced. 

• Xdiamond187X
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2009 7:58 PM

how about just getting the ***ing lag fixed.  It u want alot of people to play this game it needs to be quality, not just close. I am a 2 handicap in "real golf" and can tell when my left finger hits the button and it doesn't respond. Even worse now that I have amature status. If this doesn't get fixed you can be assured this will not be my golf game of choice.  Screw the stance, im tired or look ing for the right "forum" to talk about this!

Mark Gross

Grossdiamod Co.

Louisville,ky, 502-836-8836

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jan 19 2009 8:19 PM

Lag is rarely server side.  It's most likely on your end otherwise we'd all be experiencing it.  I'm nearly 3000 miles away from the servers and I experience very little to no lag (other than last week, but that was a known issue).  You can't get much farther away than I am and I'm only on a 6M connection which is average at best.

Make sure you're optimized (http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx) and up to spec and all that stuff.  If you're still having issues, you may want to run a TRACERT on wgt.com and see what kind of numbers you are getting.  Could be your packets aren't being routed properly or there's a bottleneck somewhere holding you up.  There's a host of technical reasons why you could having problems.

• Xdiamond187X
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jan 21 2009 7:11 PM

then why are half of the golfer i play with experiecign the same thing! i have delevoped my own website for my business, so I understand all the things that you are talking about.

• PAGES
RSS