Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT

Sun, Jan 14 2024 10:51 AM (2,013 replies)
  • BoGoRilla
    3 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 12:15 PM

I have been playing this game for a couple years now and all I can say is IT GETS MORE SUCKY BY THE DAY! Your game needs a LOT of work. It is the MOST unfair game I have EVER played! Graphics are great, but it stops after that. A 10-12 mph wind from the right that SHOULD push your ball 10-12 feet to the LEFT, does NOTHING of the sort! You aim 10 feet to the right and end up 8 feet into the rough even though you hit a perfect shot! And the putting! Nothing works with any consistency. And these are just some of what seems like hundreds of problems I've had over the months with this game. Also, for no reason, the game just suddenly takes your ball ouyt of play! And this is often after it dumped you 30 yards shorter than it should have into the weeds and suddenly you have to purchase a $7.00 sleeve of new balls. Then..... WAIT! DID I JUST HIT UPON THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THIS GAME!? Should it be called "GRAB THE SUCKER'S MONEY AT EVERY OPPERTUNITY!?

Then there's the constant mess up during your swing so you can't complete the swing and when you click your mouse you're charged another stroke.... the night mare just keeps going on......... won't somebody PLEASE invent a decent golf game that ACTUALLY WORKS REASONABLY RIGHT?

Yep......... I'm a disgruntled golfer..........

• bighorn06
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 2:45 PM

Hi Alex, I've been playing WGT golf for awhile now and found many issues that have shown up just in the last 8 months. Brought these issues up with WGT and was told to go to forum and discuss with other players. The problem with WGT response is all the other players already know there are issues with the game. So discussing it with players will not resolve the issues, only WGT can do it. All of the following have occurred in the last 8 months.

1. For the last 8 months now more and more players are being disconnected from games by WGT. This occurs in 90 persent of the games I've played in for the last 8 months.

2. WGT now offers gimmies to newer player. I've had players take up to 8.1 foot gimmies to win a hole. How is this fair to other players?

3. One of my issues was the 5 minute wait in a skins game. Wgt has reduced it to 2 1/2 minutes and that has made a big difference in the skins game for all players. This change as also fix the issue after the 5 minute waiting where WGt would disqualify all players due to inactivity.

4. While playing, WGT will disconnect a player and if that occurs 3 times for that player then he or she is removed form the game. This is a WGT problem which just happened again to me. WGT assured me that this issue as been resolved for a vast number of players. Then why is it still occurring?

5. For the last 8 months its been much harder to get a group of players together for a skins game. Sometimes I'll have to search repeatedly for players to join a game. WGT has changed something 8 months ago to cause this problem.

6. At the end of a game my screen will lock up just after WGT states game has ended and I have to then disconnect and continue play to go forward. Is this happening to other players as well? There are other issues but lets start with these.

I like most other players really enjoy the WGT golf game. Prior to all these changes the game over all was running great. I would have upgrade my equipment by now if it wasn't for these issues. Again, this all started about 8 months ago and I remember WGT had performed maintenance two nights in a row and from then on all these issues started showing up. So WGT as you suggested this is me discussing the issues with other players.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Sep 9 2014 5:07 PM

I have been here for a day or two myself. I have no complaints at all anymore. I have come to understand this game for what it is. It has been a work in progress since day one. Many folks have figured out how to circumvent the system and continue to shoot totally unbelievable scores. I have no doubt in their ability to play this well or shoot these scores by other means. Not for me to say or judge. Only they know for sure how they do it. I have no comments either way. I have many friends on here and enjoy them without question. You can spend a fortune or spend nothing, you have this choice. I used to pour money into this game like I really had something to prove. Now I know it doesn't matter, I don't have the money to spend any more. I still have as much if not more fun than I ever have on here. When my inventory of balls run out I will play with the free rocks. I can't upgrade my equipment when I want to and will continue to use what I have acquired over the years. Much of what I have has been gifted to me, others I have purchased myself. Regardless, the concept is, have fun, make friends and let the W/L stats fall where they may. It is a golf simulation game and pretty damn good at being such.

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 10:52 AM

renniw52:
    I have no complaints at all anymore.

Atta boy, Renni!  That's the spirit!  ;-)

• BoGoRilla
    3 Posts
    Wed, Sep 10 2014 7:36 PM

Hello Bighorn,

I hate that you are having these problems but happy to know I'm not the only one. I play strictly by myself. I don't belong to any clubs and so far I have no friends on the game. I share this because while we both have problems, they seem to come from two different areas. Yours seem to be with multiplayer games while mine are more  from the game not performing as IT SHOULD BE according to howreal golf is played.

How to you get to WGT? I cannot find a way/place to correspond with them directly. Can you tell me how?

BO

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Thu, Sep 11 2014 4:58 AM

BoGoRilla:
    How to you get to WGT? I cannot find a way/place to correspond with them directly. Can you tell me how?

Click on the "Contact" link at the bottom of this page.

• maudgreen
    39 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 5:24 AM

hi Alex...how do i remove the permernent shot pal & putter pal..other players have told me differnt ways--but nothing works...regards mike

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 9:48 AM

maudgreen:

hi Alex...how do i remove the permernent shot pal & putter pal..other players have told me differnt ways--but nothing works...regards mike

From your game window, please click on MENU and select GAME SETTINGS. Here under DISPLAY, scroll down near the bottom and make sure your Putter Pal or Shot Pal is set to OFF. This should resolve your issue.

-WGTyphoon

• AlexBorgesjr
    1,296 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 3:04 PM

No Clue I Ignor them shot pal, and putter pal, they dont distract me.

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Tue, Sep 16 2014 3:51 PM

maudgreen:

RSS