Forums

Help › Forums

New Haven CC seeking small CC looking to grow...

Sat, Aug 17 2019 7:52 AM (4 replies)
  • BillyMayfair
    4,628 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2019 1:16 PM

Are you a small group or CC looking for more competition and the "perks" that come with advancing to a higher level CC?  If so, consider this.  New Haven Country Club was formed in March of 2013 when two clubs (Peace Haven and Mozzville) decided to merge and start anew.  Since that beginning we've seen our club grow to a level 14 with 32 current members.  We're an active group with several monthly, quarterly, semi annual and even annual tournaments of just about every format you can think of.  We do have a handicap system (loosely based on the USGA system that was developed by  us and Kat (DaddysKat) several years ago) that allows players of all tiers / levels to compete with each other. 

We don't have strict participation requirements, but we expect members of the club to actively take part in most of the club tournaments.  We also encourage and welcome members to contribute ideas and feedback in the club forums as well.  We're all about playing well, but more importantly having fun when doing so.

We're governed by a committee of 6 members, all having an equal say in the direction the club takes.  Any CC that would chose to join us, their member(s) would be given positions on that committee and we would welcome the input they could give and any suggestions they could make to better the club experience for all members.

If you're interested, please contact me.    Wayne (BillyMayfair)

Thanks

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2019 5:05 PM

Painful to read that being bold and blurry but I wish your club the best.

Much gooder.  ;-)  and I'm not sure how I typed cluck instead of club.  LOL

• BillyMayfair
    4,628 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2019 10:32 PM

hpurey:

Painful to read that being bold and blurry but I wish your cluck the best.

...thanks for the feedback...amended it accordingly.

Wayne

• Sarah91
    3,227 Posts
    Thu, Aug 15 2019 9:46 AM

:)

• mymanpayne
    6,136 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2019 7:52 AM

I would just like to say, i've been a member here since 2013 and there's some very nice people who are in this club. We were once a booming, growing CC. I think there might be a time span of interest in this game, and some of our longtime members have reached that point. All I can say is if you're looking  to expand to a club with enough members to have a good activity level, joining up with New Haven might work quite well for you.

RSS