skip nav

Forums

Want To Forfeit Match? Pop-Up When Down BY 9

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 11 2019 10:04 PM by chookie15. 7 replies.
  • YancyCan United States
    2,955 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 12:55 PM

Hello Alls,

My name is Yancy and I played a round with this feller the Leggoman13 earlier today. Nows, I wasnt on the top o me game and such & this fine WGTer had me schooled by 9 shot lead on say hole #14 or #15. But we were tied at the turn (Bethpage Black), anyways out of nowheres comes a little flash slider window box saying "You are down by a lot of shots, gonna be hard to make those up at this point. Then it made me choose "Forfeit or "Continue" -- Wasnt sure what was happening at that time, didnt screen cap it, my bad. 

Now my opinionables here are that the game should not encourage a forfeit of a match no matter how lopsided it is. Its still an option if someone wants to, or just use the classic "oops I disconnected somehows" move. Its kinda maybes against the general etiquette of the game of golf, not a rule but you dont quit. You shouldnt at least. 

Anyone ever see this pop-up? Anyone agree it sends a message that encourages quitting aka forfeiting?

Probables people not gonna belive this and such....I will gladly play anyone and let them get an 8/9 shot lead and screencap this thing for you. Hit me up here on that.

Just me opinionables, I am Yancy

Digg
    Delicious
  • kipdog87 United Kingdom
    1,662 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 1:24 PM

Yancy my friend....... no matter what the odds i have and always will stay to the bitter end. Sicks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Mick ( woof )

Digg
    Delicious
  • ScottHope United Kingdom
    5,974 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 1:29 PM

Yes Yancy, I've had that, as have a good few of us I expect...

...it's almost like WGT forgot to inform the program that the bigger your minus score, the further out in front you are, lol.

Digg
    Delicious
  • LEDzZzEPP Uruguay
    476 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 3:35 PM

YancyCan:

Anyone ever see this pop-up? Anyone agree it sends a message that encourages quitting aka forfeiting?

aka...

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/525729.aspx

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,350 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 4:17 PM

LEDzZzEPP:

YancyCan:

aka...

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/525729.aspx

Wow.  First I have seen of this.

Unbelievable - except I believe it!

Maybe a nice comforting, motivational message might be in order sometimes, but not this!

Digg
    Delicious
  • nerve60 United States
    209 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 5:57 PM

This is probably the most Horrible form of negative encouragement I have ever seen related to this game!

Very confused as to why it even exist...

Digg
    Delicious
  • gbut22 Australia
    15 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2019 6:27 PM

why not go to MENU and click on forfeit or end game...easy

Digg
    Delicious
  • chookie15 Australia
    21 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2019 10:04 PM

I have had this come up on many of my really bad games, just giving me the option, I guess..

Digg
    Delicious
RSS