skip nav

Forums

End of life for flash support by Adobe

Sun, Aug 18 2019 2:32 PM by fatdan. 24 replies.
  • donsprintr United States
    1,918 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 7:23 AM

Will World Golf Tour make the leap to a different technology or is this the end?

https://www.blog.google/products/chrome/saying-goodbye-flash-chrome/

Let the speculation begin ...

Edit: I know this is old news, but I couldn't help myself. It's less than a year and a half away now. There may be official word from WGT about this, and if there is, please let me know.

Digg
    Delicious
  • TopShelf2010 United States
    8,537 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 7:34 AM

donsprintr:

Will World Golf Tour make the leap to a different technology or is this the end?

https://www.blog.google/products/chrome/saying-goodbye-flash-chrome/

Let the speculation begin ...

Edit: I know this is old news, but I couldn't help myself. It's less than a year and a half away now. There may be official word from WGT about this, and if there is, please let me know.

Champ said...

"WGT will outlive flash"

(EDIT: Actual comment was WGT will live linger than Flash)

Take it for what it's worth

Don

Digg
    Delicious
  • donsprintr United States
    1,918 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 7:37 AM

I saw that Don ... link below ...

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/599452.aspx?PageIndex=1

Digg
    Delicious
  • lonniescott711 United States
    3,956 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 8:18 AM

Considering the fact that they never tell us anything I wont be surprised if the bottom falls out of the game . After all what will we be able to do about it  other than nothing . Thankfully all that I have ever invested in this game is my time . I have never spent any money so it wont be a great loss to me . But for those who have spent their hard earned money you deserve an explanation .

I for one think they will ride the pc version until the wheels fall off . Then you had better be able to go with the mobile version or you`re just plain out of gas . I could be wrong about it but I dont think so . Since WGTs` past record speaks for its self .

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,211 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2019 3:16 PM

Well, I think WGT would much prefer to keep raking in whatever money they can from the PC site.  How they do this is their call, but I really doubt that many PC players would switch to mobile (IMHO).

Some browsers will not support flash after a certain date - but others will.  Plenty already use a separate browser for WGT as it is.  Flash will not vanish - it will just no longer be supported/updated by Adobe.  If M/S really disallows Flash in Windows - goodbye Windows - I am sick of it anyway.

Digg
    Delicious
  • kipdog87 United Kingdom
    1,651 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2019 4:36 PM
    Oh well i don't understand all this tec talk, so if what ever all this flash means, does this mean that my old mac is legal or not for flashing lol. Mick
    Digg
    Delicious
  • ScottHope United Kingdom
    5,919 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2019 1:22 PM

You can flash with your mac to your hearts content currently Kip, but Apple are even less keen on flash than Microsoft, so we may all hit the buffers together at the end of 2020.  : (

Digg
    Delicious
  • micheldess France
    808 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2019 10:46 AM

ScottHope:

You can flash with your mac to your hearts content currently Kip, but Apple are even less keen on flash than Microsoft, so we may all hit the buffers together at the end of 2020.  : (

So Scott at the end of 2020, all the pc players will have to switch to mobile ? No solution ?

If that the case, bye bye wgt for me, i try the mobile version, i don't enjoy the game.

ty scott for all you do for the community, it help me a lot during the years

Digg
    Delicious
  • TopShelf2010 United States
    8,537 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2019 11:21 AM

micheldess:

So Scott at the end of 2020, all the pc players will have to switch to mobile ? No solution ?

If that the case, bye bye wgt for me, i try the mobile version, i don't enjoy the game

No need to press the panic button just yet. There has been absolutely nothing set in stone as to what will become of the PC version.

Enjoy the game as usual an wait patiently for an Official Announcement from WGT.

Don

Digg
    Delicious
  • ScottHope United Kingdom
    5,919 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2019 11:23 AM

No Michel, hopefully it won't come to that. When it gets a bit nearer to the 2020 deadline I hope we may have some more information about the situation and can make better informed decisions.

Nothing is cut and dried just yet so don't lose hope.  ; )

Thank you Michel, we all play a part here.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS