Forums

Help › Forums

one course wonders

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 13 2019 1:31 PM (6 replies)
  • tdman
    2 Posts
    Sat, Aug 10 2019 5:01 AM

does anyone know of someone who is constantly playing the same course?

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2019 3:52 PM

tdman:

does anyone know of someone who is constantly playing the same course?

There are some that do that.  I can think of three reasons some do it:

1. Temporarily to learn a course better.

2. Temporarily (on an easier course) to try and lower average to tier up.

3. To challenge others for match play on "their" course.

There may be others - but I have done #1 and I know others that do #2 and/or #3.

Can't name names here in the forums.

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Mon, Aug 12 2019 8:49 PM

.4 Playing all the courses takes a long time to learn them.

.5 Can't find Squatch.

6               .Eggs

.&7..... A very deep need to get schooled while tryin' to lean on numbers.

Was I missing out on red tees?

Either way,    Ain't doin'it

Strollin'

~txz~

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2019 2:24 AM

Playing an "easier" course a lot when being new to the game can be really good for learning about distances and so on. And why should it matter to anyone?

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2019 7:25 AM

X 1000, 

People join wgt, for their own specific reasons.  Some like it so well, that they invest heavily, purchasing better equipment, to get better. Others just want to slap the ball around, and waste time.   ( it's better than watching some of the crap that's on tv) but then again, why should anyone care, but that person?   Ask yourself, why is it, that what others do, bothers you? 

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2019 7:46 AM

Playing one course, using red tees, wding to protect averages, (never quite understood that one) is all up to the individual and doesn't harm anyone, don't see why it should concern anyone.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2019 1:31 PM

Nicole161106:

Playing one course, using red tees, wding to protect averages, (never quite understood that one) is all up to the individual and doesn't harm anyone, don't see why it should concern anyone.

It does not bother me if players do that.  They are in for a rude awakening, however, if they believe their lower average is equivalent to others that did not do that.  

I know I was in no rush to tier up after amateur (!) when I realized it would just get harder and harder!!  Twice I tiered up before my average reached the accepted limit (apparently due to tournament wins) and I was unprepared!  

I agree about not understanding all the WD for average.  When you reach saturation, the effect of a bad score is temporary - but it helped you reach saturation sooner!

RSS