Forums

Help › Forums

Putter?n

Sat, Aug 10 2019 3:43 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2019 5:10 PM

Hi guys, using the Spider L101 now, bought the L98 phantom and sold it back..Anyway, I’m an off ding putter, now I would like to try the Sabertooth L59. Is this putter worth trying with my style of putting? thanks

I’m content with my putting, but we all know there’s always the right equipment for a specific job, doesn’t always to be the expensive one. I just have a feeling I haven’t found the right one yet-:)

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2019 6:36 PM
    I've read a number of times that off-dings should use a putter with LOW forgiveness, and it appears you are trying those with HIGH forgiveness. I'm using this one (though was called something different when I got it -- same specs though now), and I am being successful.

SeeMore M5HT Putter (L55+)
  • katton333
    675 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2019 8:15 PM

Call me bender on the dance floor. Unless they are past the bendable limit then i aim a little  and still go full bend. 

• katton333
    675 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2019 8:58 PM

This did prompt me to give the starter putter a go and says to me i need more putters to try out. 

i figure il try some more putters next free rentals come up

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 2:59 AM

Thanks for the input. Rental prices on these low level putters for 2 days is doable, might try a couple.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 5:19 AM

I used to be an off ding putter back when the choices weren't as good as now and when the more precise putters showed up, the off ding method got harder. It seems you had to "miss" by a lot more to get results.

I believe it's because of what AD pointed out above and it was a little disconcerting to have to gauge those misses so I went to a ding method. You might try missing more than you're used to to see if it gets any better before you shell out the credits.

FWIW, it was when I went from the Redwood to the 92 Ghost putter that I changed. That Redwood was killer for the off ding.  :-)

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 5:49 AM
    If u want play off ding try the rossa putter low level and use scale 15 30
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 5:55 AM

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 7:40 AM

It’s just not the putting that I off ding. I do it on drives, and approach. It’s been like that since the beginning. Lot easier for me that trying to hit the bullseye.

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2019 8:37 AM

@ SlickHunter The 98+ Phantom has the same specs as the sabertooth . Not sure as to how it performs but the sabertooth is a great miss ding putter . The thing with miss ding putting is that you have to at times change the line of the putt . Ive noticed that with many putts the default line will be inside of the cup . So you will have to move the line outside of the cup and then adjust for the break and miss accordingly .

The main thing to putting is reading the putt and break properly . Then applying the right amount of power to the ball strike . If you are reading everything right then you can putt with any putter in the pro shop . It takes longer than a day or two to adjust to a new putter . Get one and stick with it . You have to give both it and yourself a chance to become a better putter . Its not sa magic wand and there are no short cuts .

If you`re content with your putting then what are you searching for ?

• PAGES
RSS