Help › Forums

Callaway Soft L34 New Ball Graphics

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 10 2019 8:25 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • cbuttlar
    17 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 10:52 AM

This is bad. I am forced to play with the new Callaway balls with the stripes. There is no reference graphics on the ball like the old ones. I am sure we all use this for referencing backspin on the ball. Can WGT at least give us a straight forward look at the ball so we can move the dot?

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 8:02 PM

stanboll:

It seems to me that they have changed the balls so theyare not easy on the eye. so now if we want to play we must change the ball and pay a higher price.I think it is one way of cutting back the number of players as WGT just seem to be pricing themselves out of the market. Stanboll

I am pretty sure WGT uses the graphics of the actual (real) golf ball - so that problem belongs to Callaway, not WGT.

I am also quite sure WGT is not eager to reduce the number of players.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 9:12 PM

From Callaway's website

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2019 4:12 AM

stanboll:

It seems to me that they have changed the balls so theyare not easy on the eye. so now if we want to play we must change the ball and pay a higher price.I think it is one way of cutting back the number of players as WGT just seem to be pricing themselves out of the market. Stanboll

They did not raise the price. They are the same price as the balls they replaced. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2019 5:15 AM

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2019 8:33 AM

cbuttlar:
    There is no reference graphics on the ball like the old ones. I am sure we all use this for referencing backspin on the ball.

Surprisingly I didn't find this too distracting, but actually much easier to use the same amount of backspin from shot to shot using the lines on the ball as reference points... At first I did find the graphic a bit wonky but quickly learned how to use it to my advantage.

I really like the ball while putting, like the Callaway truvis, I find it cool to see the ball looks to be rolling with the designs on the ball.  Solid color golf balls just look like a dot moving across the green.  :)

Sure hope they come in yellow sometime soon.  May be my new gamer as the Titelists are too expensive to restock using the 2cr per video views.  

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Mon, Aug 5 2019 9:33 AM

no one is forcing you to play them

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2019 1:27 PM

hpurey:

Surprisingly I didn't find this too distracting, but actually much easier to use the same amount of backspin from shot to shot using the lines on the ball as reference points... At first I did find the graphic a bit wonky but quickly learned how to use it to my advantage.

I may have found my new ball, As for getting the backspin right. The first blue line is almost perfect for me. Just have to get used to the faster meter speed. 2.5 to 3 so it's only slightly faster. But still a learning curve, 

• rjteeithi
    674 Posts
    Tue, Aug 6 2019 3:03 PM

stanboll:

you are right! why are they so damn cheapskate?...they have no customer support, so it cant be that ICON is making too much...whats the name of the company? TRU GOLF?

and new balls with a 2.0 life span?

cheap fks!

• PAGES
RSS