Forums

Help › Forums

Green Speed

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 4 2019 9:36 AM (5 replies)
  • GeezerRayJ
    3 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 7:40 AM

Does anyone know if it is possible to know the speed of the green prior to someone attempting a putt? Most real courses you play, it is posted or you have an idea, but on here it is a guessing game on how to make approach shots. Other than that, this is a fun game to play.

• ScottHope
    10,076 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 3:44 PM

FAQ Finder.

See what I did there, lol.

• GeezerRayJ
    3 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 4:23 PM

Thanks Scott. This is what it says for multi-player games:

When playing with other players, the green speed will default to the green speed for the highest-tiered player in the group. For example, if two Amateurs and one Pro player are playing in a group, the green speed will be "Fast" based on the Pro player default speed.

This is not true for the 2-player coin games. I am at Master tier and it does not matter what tier the opponent is at. I have played games against all of the tiers at speed of 7.9 or 12 or anything in between. There is no way to know how to hit an approach or pitch onto a green that I can see. Once both players are on the green, we see the speed but by then, we may have already made a bad shot. It is just a guess how hard to hit the ball. Maybe I am missing something.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 4:30 PM

GeezerRayJ:

Does anyone know if it is possible to know the speed of the green prior to someone attempting a putt? Most real courses you play, it is posted or you have an idea, but on here it is a guessing game on how to make approach shots. Other than that, this is a fun game to play.

If its a club tournament, go to the tournament page and use the dropdown menu. If its a WGT Tournament, use the gameclient .

• GeezerRayJ
    3 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2019 4:53 AM

Thanks guy...I didn’t make myself clear enough. I knew about the the tourney info being available. I was questioning the 2 person coin games that I play sometimes on my iPad.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2019 9:36 AM

RSS