skip nav

Forums

Meter Lag - Last Two Days

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 20 2019 2:17 PM by Tigerpaw509. 12 replies.
  • fancyfeet4 United States
    23 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 8:56 AM

I am not sure why but I am getting a half second lag (or more) on the swing meter.  I checked my speeds at I am at over 100 mbps speed.  I have restarted my computer and minimized my activity on other pages/browsers.

Is there something else that might be going on?  Any tips to help make the game not lag?  I have been playing pretty actively for over a month without much issues.

Thanks.

Digg
    Delicious
  • TopShelf2010 United States
    8,637 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 9:17 AM

fancyfeet4:
    Is there something else that might be going on? 

While it may not always be the cure, you could try and empty all of your caches. Sometimes, after WGT provides an update, clearing out the caches and starting fresh might help.

Additional information like what type of browser you are using might help determine the cause,

Good luck

Don

Digg
    Delicious
    23 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 9:45 AM

I cleared my cache and it kind of helped.  I am on a larger monitor (the same I have always used) and when I go full screen it is very laggy.  But when I shrink the WGT window to something smaller it works slightly better.  Not sure how a fully stretched screen would cause lag.  

I am using Chrome

Digg
    Delicious
    8,637 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 9:49 AM

fancyfeet4:

I cleared my cache and it kind of helped.  I am on a larger monitor (the same I have always used) and when I go full screen it is very laggy.  But when I shrink the WGT window to something smaller it works slightly better.  Not sure how a fully stretched screen would cause lag.  

I am using Chrome

Progress is good.

Once you have the GameClient open,..

Click Menu

Click Game Settings

Look at the Flash Quality Settings. I believe default is set at High. click the box that says Medium.

This may help... it is the setting I use and I do not have any lag issues.

Don

Digg
    Delicious
    23 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 10:35 AM

I am still having issues. Its so odd that it started this week.  I changed the flash settings and its still lagging.  

Digg
    Delicious
    8,637 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 11:37 AM

fancyfeet4:

I am still having issues. Its so odd that it started this week.  I changed the flash settings and its still lagging.  

You could have a "bad" version of Flash. Sometimes when Flash updates itself so will be issues arise.

You could always do a System Restore back to a point where you know everything is working well.

Don

Digg
    Delicious
    8,637 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 12:36 PM

fancyfeet4:

I just thought of something...

When you play, do you have WGT open in your browser and then click the Play Now button? Or do you directly open the GameClient in your browser? This will make a huge difference in the games performance.

Try typing http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx DIRECTLY into your browser when you want to play.

Don

Digg
    Delicious
    23 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 2:08 PM

Nothing is working.  No idea why.  Very odd.  

Digg
    Delicious
  • claremoreblue United States
    1,614 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 10:05 PM
    Not sure which browser your using but try Maxthon. A different browser will probably fix it for you.
    Digg
    Delicious
  • ScottHope United Kingdom
    5,984 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 5:29 AM

Chrome released their latest version (76) a few days ago, that might have caused some issues. As claremoreblue indicated, another browser may be a good direction for you.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS