Forums

Help › Forums

Coin Game Average Bug *UPDATE*

Thu, Aug 1 2019 6:35 PM (9 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 10:13 AM

We are aware of the issue regarding coin rooms counting as ranked games causing some strange averages. 

We are already creating a fix for the bug that will stop it from continuing. Once we have the fix it will need to be tested and then there will be a short, I'm told 10-15 minute, downtime to deploy it. 

After the issue is fixed we will be assessing further how we remove the scores from averages entirely.

I will update this thread as I learn more.  

_CHAMPION 

EDIT: Short downtime was to deploy first fix to discontinue the use of coin games as 18-hole ranked rounds. 

EDIT 2 7/31: Another short downtime is coming up soon. This will stabilize player's averages. The average changes will first be noticeable in the game client and may take some time for them to show properly on play profile pages. 

Edit 3 7/31: Downtime for the fix has been pushed to 10pm pacific time. So look out for a downtime message later. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 10:16 AM

i figured the only way to fix the problems that have already occurred would be a server rollback to the data save you made before last night's update. 

I've seen it happen in other games and 6-7 hours isn't  that bad a rollback.

• Alain760
    350 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 12:09 PM

Hey Champion what about player who tier up thanks to the bug what will happen.

Alain

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 12:48 PM

Alain760:

Alain

I'm sure they will be coming up with a way to identify those players and make the necessary corrections.

• grossstadtkerl
    267 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 5:14 PM

kavvz:

Alain760:

Alain

I'm sure they will be coming up with a way to identify those players and make the necessary corrections.

Interesting question. In my country club we have 4 players who tiered up today. I am pretty sure they will not be amused as many other players too.

• rorys1fan
    54 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 11:16 PM

Rolling back tier updates makes no sense. Besides making some players unhappy,  it is more difficult to fix,  as some players may have tiered up without the bug anyway and they  (wgt) will have to replay the scores in order to see what would have happened. 

All this to say that it is not a stateless thing as the average

• AJ50457
    562 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 5:08 AM

WGTChampion,

My average was fixed (22 to a 68) with the fix... and so were the members of my CC.

Is there any plan to reinstate these players to their previous tiers? I was a Tour Master at 61.06, so it's no big deal for me to go to Legend.  However, I can't say the same for the others in my club.

Thanks,

AJ50457, Gates of Augusta owner

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 9:27 AM

AJ50457:

WGTChampion,

My average was fixed (22 to a 68) with the fix... and so were the members of my CC.

Is there any plan to reinstate these players to their previous tiers? I was a Tour Master at 61.06, so it's no big deal for me to go to Legend.  However, I can't say the same for the others in my club.

Thanks,

We're investigating the tier situation. It's a little more difficult because some players may have changed tiers without the use of coin games, or may have been very excited to achieve the next the tier without realizing it was due to the bug. 

_CHAMPION 

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 10:54 AM

Good luck Icon, Champ and the WGT staff...............   what a mess........

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2019 6:35 PM

WGTChampion:

AJ50457:

WGTChampion,

Thanks,

We're investigating the tier situation. It's a little more difficult because some players may have changed tiers without the use of coin games, or may have been very excited to achieve the next the tier without realizing it was due to the bug. 

_CHAMPION 

I’m glad the bug has been fixed but how about removing those “rounds” entirely from our score histories? They’re not causing any problem in particular; I just find them to be an eyesore. 

On an unrelated topic, when are you guys going to fix the white ball we use to apply spin on mobile? It’s very blurry and yet another eyesore compared to everything else that’s looking sharp. 

RSS