*** Downtime tonight 7/29/19 ***

Thu, Aug 1 2019 7:53 PM (108 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 1:43 PM

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 1:47 PM
    They created a royal mess, no matter what they do now, there will be plenty teed off people. I'm not talking about tee boxes playing either. If they just leave it as is, the averages will work it's way out, the only stat that would be skewed is the lowest 18 hole score. Don't create more glitches trying to fix what was done.
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 1:56 PM
    Those that tiered up, we're close enough to tier up anyways. Just got it a little early. Those that exploited it, might regret having to play from farther back, and if their level isn't high enough to get the better equipment, they will struggle.
  • DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 1:58 PM

YankeeJim:
    p.s., Wait until you see the ball purchasing bug. Like you can't buy them.  LOL

Jim!

I thought it was just me!! ANY SUCCESS IN PURCHASING YET??

I've tried on multiple browsers and get the same error!

Tried advice such as clear browser cache, flash cache and cookies.

Main playing browser is Firefox, which works lovely and I clear my browser cache every day. Creamy smooth meter.

Is the problem at WGT end?

I was in the middle of an important game...

Maybe WGT should have some more downtime, so that the problems can be fixed?

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 2:01 PM

TopShelf2010:

donsprintr:
    Is  the average glitch just affecting mobile players, or has it infected PC rounds too?

From what I have read today, it appears to be ONLY Mobile users playing Coin Games my friend.

Don

Thanks Don ...

Don ... lol ...

• Pipedream2
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 3:05 PM

This has happened to me as well. I'm Legend level and all my scores have changed to the same as what you have posted. I have no idea why.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 3:59 PM

TopShelf2010:

Mythanatos:
    I'm expecting a rollback.

But then won't the Forums be flooded with people complaining that their trinkets were removed?

I honestly do not believe anything should be done once the fix is in place. WGT would be opening a can of worms if the did a rollback.

For example, could you imagine if a rollback was done after the Awards Glitch, as well as the Par 3 Glitch were fixed? Players that moved over Level 200 or acquired 93 Million XP's would be pissed off if they were taken away.

Best to just fix it and move on.

Don

Agreed, a rollback couldn't possibly be the solution.

Just imagine someone getting another crack at the VT or some other high cr. tourney and the chaos surrounding that should it have a major impact. 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 4:06 PM

I think a rollback is definitely needed. Played five coin games early this morning and was amused at the averages. Played two guys with averages of 4! Had no idea what was going on.

I should take a screenshot of my "new" 46.11 average. Doubt I'll ever see that again.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 4:26 PM

donsprintr:
    I noticed a couple players in my country club just tiered up this morning, and after checking their profile pages, I noticed the artificial below 4 avg. scores ...

I had 3 or 4 tier up this morning. I bet they were surprised

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 4:27 PM

DampandDusty:

Jim!

I thought it was just me!! ANY SUCCESS IN PURCHASING YET??

As of this post the only fix I know is to buy them on the mobile platform. I doubt very seriously this will last long but in the event it does, mobile purchases work fine.

Even if you're not a mobile player, any phone or iPad with a decent internet connection will let you get the WGT app and purchasing balls is easy to figure out once you have it.  :-)

RSS