Forums

Help › Forums

equipment

Tue, Aug 6 2019 5:22 AM (31 replies)
  • BobStarr71
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 3:38 PM

it would be great to be able to change balls during a match so you dont get  suck playing house balls when you run out of your paid for balls. sometimes  not enough credits  at the time so stuck with house balls  and many of already paid for good balls in your inventory already paid for. 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 3:42 AM

Always remember the 3 P's: prior proper planning. It should be how you approach almost everything; especially a round of WGT Golf.

• pooped169
    123 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 3:50 AM

BobStarr71:

it would be great to be able to change balls during a match so you dont get  suck playing house balls when you run out of your paid for balls. sometimes  not enough credits  at the time so stuck with house balls  and many of already paid for good balls in your inventory already paid for. 

After reviewing your history/etc... I see that you purchase plenty of balls. Maybe starter balls would be the best choice to use until you figure out how to keep them in the fairways and greens. And finishing the game reflects your person and real average. No offence meant, just sayin.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 6:58 AM

If not Starters, some less expensive balls might do. E.g., L33 Callies at 33 % of the price, or Tour SD at 8 %.

One of the best details of this game is that players can choose how much they want to spend on balls, from Zilch to a f*cking lot!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 8:51 AM

• cretedawg
    677 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 9:22 AM
    Just remember that wgt variables always rule no matter what equipment you use, wind, grids , and green speeds change with each hole
  • Saratogan
    67 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 11:20 AM

Except, in your real bag, you have any number different balls.  I think I carry around 2 dozen.  And, BTW, they are proportionally cheaper than WGT offerings when compared to the clubs in the bag.  For example, you can buy Pro V1's for around $50 per dozen in the real world.  In the game you get a measly 3 for for what seems to be proportionally $100.  

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 12:53 PM

Some good advice above.

Pick a ball that you can afford, that you like to play, and stick with it.  Having a trunk full of differing balls is a waste of money since you can not, according to the rules of golf, play different ones during a game.  Don't even buy different colors of the same ball - you cannot mix and match.

I played with 10-credit and then 64-credit sleeves for a long time while learning.  

When you get low on a brand of ball, just go out and practice with the last one until it goes.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 2:37 PM

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 9:31 PM
    Bad math. It's more like $10. Still pricey, but more in line with the real thing. Except that in real golf, you can find Titleists. No such thing as a "found ball" on WGT.
    Saratogan:

Except, in your real bag, you have any number different balls.  I think I carry around 2 dozen.  And, BTW, they are proportionally cheaper than WGT offerings when compared to the clubs in the bag.  For example, you can buy Pro V1's for around $50 per dozen in the real world.  In the game you get a measly 3 for for what seems to be proportionally $100.  

RSS