skip nav

Forums

away for a wee bit.

Sun, Jul 28 2019 12:43 PM by DoctorLarry. 8 replies.
  • JDocBurns United States
    6 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 4:38 PM

I can't seem to play.  I keep getting this black page says Got Flash then gives me a choice of which neither one works of course.  Anyone else or can some one help me?

Thank You

Jim

www.broadjam.com/jimburns

Digg
    Delicious
  • DonCaron United States
    3,851 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 7:07 PM

Try Chrome or Edge. They have flash built into the browser. Also look at the top for a puzzle and just click and allow flash.

Digg
    Delicious
  • ScottHope United Kingdom
    5,984 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2019 1:21 AM

Sounds like you need to install flash.
    Click here to install flash
    Once you have completed the installation, close and re-open your browser.

Digg
    Delicious
  • borntobesting United States
    8,228 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2019 11:43 AM

ScottHope:

Sounds like you need to install flash.
    Click here to install flash
    Once you have completed the installation, close and re-open your browser.

maybe he just doesn't wait long enough. I get that screen every time I start any of my chrome based browsers, on the game client, but it goes away after a few seconds and the game loads. 

Digg
    Delicious
    5,984 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 12:22 AM

borntobesting:
    maybe he just doesn't wait long enough.
    Perhaps, but with a 12 year old account, no score history, no friends and just one post in all that time, I shan't hold my breath waiting for any kind of response.

Next!...

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,376 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 12:47 PM

ScottHope:

borntobesting:
    maybe he just doesn't wait long enough.
    Perhaps, but with a 12 year old account, no score history, no friends and just one post in all that time, I shan't hold my breath waiting for any kind of response.

Next!...

But he did buy Putter Pal (1000 hits) so maybe....................

Digg
    Delicious
    5,984 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 1:24 PM

Yup, guess his issue might have been resolved.

I wish him well anyway, as the website he linked to indicates that he has a medical condition which sounds pretty nasty.

Digg
    Delicious
  • JDocBurns United States
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 8:08 AM

First, ENDLESS THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO HELP ME.  I DO NOT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED.

Hi all.  Thank you all for the help.  The game is great fun again.  It plays fine on Chrome.
    And for those people who seem to be so concerned in what kind of life I and so many others have, they think negatively instead of positively.  I am disabled and right now things are not well but I don't like complaining.  I have had doctors from all over the USA challenge me and what I survived.  I should be dead.  The doctor who saved my live said he contacted Johns Hopkins back east where he trained and said there was no record anywhere that anyone could find that shows anyone has survived what I did.  My doctor said to my wife twice alone with her that she should be a widow. 
    I will try to give you that fix you seem to be in need of.   

I do have 24hr a day pain, incurable pain that is slowly taking it's toll.  I love life and I love living and the chronic incurable illnesses I have are just part of my life now.  When I finally accepted and came to terms with what what is really happening to me I decided to try to fulfill my dream of learning the acoustic guitar, I taught myself to play, to sing songs and to write songs. 

While dealing with meds and drugs and lots of opiate trial and error  and nearly dying twice.  I was put in the hospital to die but I fought death and I won and I am winning.  Death will win for each and every one of of us but for those folks like me who are over 60 it's hard.  What happen to me was bad and the many doctors who were so sure they had the cure only hurt me further. 

I haven't had my computer for the past 3 days cuz we have guests and my rig is in the guest room/office.  I just celebrated 40yrs. with my bride.  I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for her.  I love playing my Martin guitar.  Martin Guitars are the best imo.  I love playing n singing.  Three songs actually published. 

Think positive instead of negative.  You folks who find it necessary to take the time to check on people who aren't living life according to your rules, I wish you good health, wish you must have to be so concerned in how others live, Good Music cuz music is a major part of why I am still alive, and many people who make you smile.

I am lucky I had little spots of time to play WGT again over the past three days.  I love playing "Links" and GBC/JN6, and I do love WGT.  I do not have friends,  and I am not part of a country club in WGT because,  I do not keep score by numbers in any game.  It has to be fun with fun people and Links is the only one I have the friends from all over the world, who like playing with me.  I have been playing it for 22yrs now.  I do not know how to get friends on WGT who will accept me and the way I play the game. 

I wanna play and learn yes, but it has to be fun.  It is fun and I am hoping.  Sorry for the long boring reply.  I couldn't even find how to reply to folks in the forum.  Look me up if you enjoy acoustic music, http://www.broadjam.com/jimburns.   all the songs are free.  Look me up if you wanna play, just email me.  Endless thanks to you all.  I do NOT take your time and kindness and help for granted.
    Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,376 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 12:43 PM

JDocBurns:

Hi all.  Thank you all for the help.  The game is great fun again.  It plays fine on Chrome.
    When I finally accepted and came to terms with what what is really happening to me I decided to try to fulfill my dream of learning the acoustic guitar, I taught myself to play, to sing songs and to write songs. 
    I just celebrated 40yrs. with my bride.  I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for her.  I love playing my Martin guitar.  Martin Guitars are the best imo.  I love playing n singing.  Three songs actually published. 

music is a major part of why I am still alive, and many people who make you smile.
      Look me up if you enjoy acoustic music, http://www.broadjam.com/jimburns.   all the songs are free.  Look me up if you wanna play, just email me.  Endless thanks to you all.  I do NOT take your time and kindness and help for granted.

Sorry we are not that understanding much of the time, Jim.  I tried to reach your website - do we have to join?  - Nevermind - I signed up so I can connect now.

Glad your game is now working.  It is a fun way to pass time for me as well.

I totally agree about the music - it is one of the joys of my life and I am fortunate that I learned to play several instruments, including guitar.  Music can take us places we never could reach any other way sometimes.  Unfortunately, arthritis has taken me away from most guitar playing now, but I still thump my bass guitar playing along to recorded music!

Congratulations on the 40 years marriage!  A good and strong woman is to be cherished.  I have one like that - will be 51 years this Friday.

I will send a friend request.  I can't play a lot, but feel free to ask any questions and I will try to help.  

Digg
    Delicious
RSS