skip nav

Forums

Bracket Play

Mon, Aug 19 2019 3:01 AM by AndyJames123. 11 replies.
  • sirslee United States
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 4:22 PM

    Let's find some way to handicap bracket play to make it more competitive and fun!

    Digg
    Delicious
  • Miantiao Australia
    318 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 6:34 PM

    May as well handicap ReadyGo too....

    Handicapped tournaments are the domain of Country Clubs.

    Digg
    Delicious
  • dchallenger United States
    492 Posts
    Thu, Jul 25 2019 8:36 PM

    Try Un-handicapping your game.  Practice. Practice. Practice.

    Digg
    Delicious
  • TopShelf2010 United States
    8,637 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2019 2:42 AM

    sirslee:

    Let's find some way to handicap bracket play to make it more competitive and fun!

    Try to avoid playing in "Tierless"  brackets if possible. Anyone can play in those.

    Play only whatever your current tier might be. That way you are only playing against those from the same tier.

     

    Don

    Digg
    Delicious
  • nerve60 United States
    209 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 7:39 AM

    To a degree, I do understand what sirslee is saying. When your average player reaches Legend status, it doesn't take much effort to research and realize that 90% of players in these higher tiers have no chance in "paid" tournaments to win or much less break even. Kinda makes you feel like your just contributing to the purse for the eventual winners. The upper 5-10% win these Tournaments regularly. So, in a way, these Tournaments are geared for the dominant players. I'm happy for those players but it does leave most of the rest of us out of the loop. Basically, we have very little opportunity to win credits of any kind. I'm not saying I could never win any credits in Tournaments, because I have, but I contributed at least 5x's more credits to the purse than I ever won.

    Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,368 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 12:50 PM

    nerve60:
    The upper 5-10% win these Tournaments regularly. So, in a way, these Tournaments are geared for the dominant players.

    So - do you think that upper 5-10% was born there and never changes?  Keep playing and practicing and take advantage of all the free tournaments along the way!

     

    Digg
    Delicious
  • nerve60 United States
    209 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 2:01 PM

    DoctorLarry:

    nerve60:
    The upper 5-10% win these Tournaments regularly. So, in a way, these Tournaments are geared for the dominant players.

    So - do you think that upper 5-10% was born there and never changes?  Keep playing and practicing and take advantage of all the free tournaments along the way!

     

    No Larry. Please don't take this the wrong way, I even mentioned I agreed with the Original poster "to a degree". I realize there is some rotation in the winners list and some of us get really lucky and finish in the credits that normally don't. But, I do check "closed" Legend and higher Tournament results often and a "lot" of the same names frequently pop up on the top earners list. As mentioned before, good for them, they deserve it. PS/ I join 5 or 10 Free bracket Tournaments every week and my winning % is fairly high but comparing my scores to "paid" brackets would give every one a good laugh! :)

    Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,368 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 12:49 PM

    nerve60:

    DoctorLarry:

    nerve60:
    The upper 5-10% win these Tournaments regularly. So, in a way, these Tournaments are geared for the dominant players.

    So - do you think that upper 5-10% was born there and never changes?  Keep playing and practicing and take advantage of all the free tournaments along the way!

     

    No Larry. Please don't take this the wrong way, I even mentioned I agreed with the Original poster "to a degree". I realize there is some rotation in the winners list and some of us get really lucky and finish in the credits that normally don't. But, I do check "closed" Legend and higher Tournament results often and a "lot" of the same names frequently pop up on the top earners list. As mentioned before, good for them, they deserve it. PS/ I join 5 or 10 Free bracket Tournaments every week and my winning % is fairly high but comparing my scores to "paid" brackets would give every one a good laugh! :)

    Sorry - I may have been a bit rude!

    I pretty much confine my playing to CC tournaments - among friends and we have several tiered tournaments going all the time, so that helps!  I play some brackets - I guess I am more geared toward regular stroke play tournaments.  

    And my results in paid tournaments are few and not rewarding!

     

    Digg
    Delicious
  • darek2 United States
    1,497 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2019 11:43 PM
    sirslee:

    Let's find some way to handicap bracket play to make it more competitive and fun!

    stay away from a brackets to all , and try luck with your tier , not easy to compete with champions , they have just 1 option to enter to all , u have i think couple , when i was legend was bracket legend 100 and 500 cr even , for champions no more , just left 100 for all or 200 for all ,
    Digg
    Delicious
  • AndyJames123 United Kingdom
    19 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2019 3:01 AM

    i dont understand why there are no 100 credit tour legend brackets. i did put the question to customer service but only reply i got was it will be brought up when discussing next updates

    Digg
    Delicious
RSS