Forums

Help › Forums

Next update

Wed, Aug 7 2019 4:39 PM (55 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 2:55 PM

I thought my last post was largely in agreement with the sentiment of what you were saying and where I didn't agree I tried to do it in a fairly light hearted way.  I also quoted in full. You could've just said along the lines of "well maybe a little judemental :-)" but  chose to go for saying I can't read, I'm sniping and I think I'm on a pedestal.

I wont answer in kind.  This is what you've said.

TopShelf2010:

I am curios as to why this player asked/received the  P970's irons and yet currently has the Apex 19's in their bag?

Don

Well noted, Don.

While reviewing some of the requests in that thread for possible donations, I found several that were asking for clubs that were no better than the ones they already had.  In those cases, I assumed they were just going to flip one set or the other to get 25% of the credits back..

Pretty low.

To be fair, I don't believe anyone has passed judgment.  I believe we have asked reasonable questions based on observations..............

Maybe you should learn to read before sniping.

I was not referring to the OP - I said I saw several of the requests asking for clubs no better than what they had.  I also said I assumed they were going to flip them - why else would they do that?

I think you should climb down from your pedestal before you fall off.

Perhaps where my confusion (or lack of reading ability) comes from is that the post you responded to in the first of these referred specifically to the op. Your reply says you had already noted that happening, yes maybe with others but to use it as an answer does indicate that's what you thought was happening here.  Sorry if it's not.

Maybe add a general lack of comprehension on my part as I've no idea why you are highlighting that you assumed ....... Does assuming something show you're not being judgemental?

You did ask a question this time and I already gave one possible answer. My guess would be it's at least as likely (as he, and perhaps others, thought of selling them even when asking for them) to be like a spoiled kid that just wants everything and many of us here are like that.  Free stuff is offered to people that ask for it, so they do.  It's often not something they really need but it's free and it might just help them play better.  After a while (sometimes quite a short while) they find it's not the answer and move on to the next shiny toy.  They do not however ever get something with the intention of immediately selling it, cynical as I am I can't quite belive that.  There are many other possible explanations, so yes I find your assumption that you've said why they do it judgemental.

A sliver of evidence for my theory that people ask for expensive stuff not with the intention of immediately selling it; balls, what many ask for is much more expensive ones than they usually use.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 3:16 PM

The main reason for coming to this thread was to offer a suggestion, with a little fear that it may be taken the wrong way I'm still going to.

The idea is from Callaghan mentioning the owner of the country club and opy's gifts asked for all together first.

How do folk think getting CC owners to come up with a list of all the requests from their CC?   From memory some of the more ridiculous requests last time came from people in large and respected CC's and probably wouldn't survive this first filter.

The owner (or perhaps someone they trusted that made it for them if they're too busy or whatever) could also be expected to know what the whole thing is supposed to be about.  Perhaps a paragraph or two from you guys to post in the CC forums.  There would be exceptions, people not in a CC for example, but a lot more time could be afforded to look at them with the majority more organised.

We played the CC in question in the last two WC's and they're a great bunch.  I know nothing to the contrary was suggested but I still wanted to say that.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 3:26 PM

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 3:29 PM

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 5:54 PM

TopShelf2010:
    I am curios as to why this player asked/received the  P970's irons and yet currently has the Apex 19's in their bag?

Answer---vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

TopShelf2010:
    to get 25% of the credits back..

• ozysouthpaw
    2,846 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 2:11 AM

callaghan159:
    I wonder if the owner of the country club he belongs to is questioning his/her ethics.

I'm the owner of Aussie Aussie Aussie Country Club.

I've had the issue brought to my attention and the member in question has been asked to explain himself. 

If required action will be taken.

Regards

Mike.

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 2:16 AM

Well, that's disappointing>>>No new 64 degree wedge.

Guess I'll keep using my Clevos.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 3:05 AM

TopShelf2010:

However, the reminder is from a reply by another player... NOT myself.

I simply did not want any confusion.

Sorry I didn't mean to make it look that way.  I cut and pasted everything at first but it made the formatting go skewiff so I cut out the top blocks.

Appologies again, I didn't mean to cause confusion I only used the original quote from you to give context. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 5:06 AM

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 10:46 AM

Miantiao:

Well, that's disappointing>>>No new 64 degree wedge.

Guess I'll keep using my Clevos.

I thought I nearly anticipated this around a year ago...  in this thread... but then like yourself discovered no 64 deg was offered.  

We did see the PM grind released and Vokey wedges, both referenced in my post... both images look great I might add, but effectively the same wedges as we had seen before... therein lies the disappointment.  I nearly thought our plea's were heard.  

RSS