Forums

Help › Forums

Next update

Wed, Aug 7 2019 4:39 PM (55 replies)
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2019 1:23 PM

SlickHunter:

Maybe you should give this player a chance to explain, before passing judgement..that would be fair.

To be fair, I don't believe anyone has passed judgment.  I believe we have asked reasonable questions based on observations.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2019 2:16 PM

DoctorLarry:

SlickHunter:

Maybe you should give this player a chance to explain, before passing judgement..that would be fair.

To be fair, I don't believe anyone has passed judgment.  I believe we have asked reasonable questions based on observations.

The person in question hasn’t responded yet. If he doesn’t, then yeah..also wrote down his name, as I do gift to others as well. 

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Fri, Jul 26 2019 5:41 PM

Having nothing to do with nothing . I remember how this started and what it was all about , Some years ago in the forums of old when this game was different .

It was a Pleasure to have been part of that . It was a shame to see how this went from a Please help,me to just give me . 

OPY 

So as I see  it was a Christmas in July 2019 and the community gathered to remember . And to carry on . Thank you to the Santa,s that gave a gift , Be it a set or the time or a wedge ,   It was a shame to see one part of this Christmas and  also still be  part of the other .

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 9:58 PM

The joy is in the giving. If people scam the program then it's only a reflection on themselves. It takes nothing away from the wonderful and generous spirit of the givers.

• ceward
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 10:32 PM
    Wait, can you gift the actual clubs? I thought you could basically only gift the amount of credits the club you’re trying to gift was worth? I thought I tried gifting my brother a 3W and it wouldn’t let me gift the actual club to him
  • AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 12:09 AM

ceward:
    Wait, can you gift the actual clubs? I thought you could basically only gift the amount of credits the club you’re trying to gift was worth? I thought I tried gifting my brother a 3W and it wouldn’t let me gift the actual club to him

You’ve got it backwards.  You can’t gift credits.  Maybe you tried to give him a club he didn’t qualify for, by level or tier?

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 5:09 AM

DoctorLarry:

SlickHunter:

Lol:

While reviewing some of the requests in that thread for possible donations, I found several that were asking for clubs that were no better than the ones they already had.  In those cases, I assumed they were just going to flip one set or the other to get 25% of the credits back..

Pretty low.

Wouldn't like to see what you say when you are being judgemental ;-))

I think your judement was probably fairly accurate in the quoted post.

This guy got gifted L90 irons that cost 3,595c.  He buys very expensive balls and lots of other stuff.  The day he started this thread asking for new L95 irons to be introduced he bought a set of L85 irons @ 3,445c.

It may be that the expensive balls he is now using, instead of the max, mean he wants a slower meter to get close to the ding on his irons or something like that. 

My guess would be it's at least as likely (as he, and perhaps others, thought of selling them even when asking for them) to be like a spoiled kid that just wants everything and many of us here are like that.

The unfortunate thing is that this gift maybe meant someone who would really use, and couldn't afford, what they asked for didn't get it.

Anyway Lutjanid has it right with: The joy is in the giving. If people scam the program then it's only a reflection on themselves. It takes nothing away from the wonderful and generous spirit of the givers.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 8:09 AM

DodgyPutter:
    Anyway Lutjanid has it right with: The joy is in the giving. If people scam the program then it's only a reflection on themselves. It takes nothing away from the wonderful and generous spirit of the givers.

I wonder if the owner of the country club he belongs to is questioning his/her ethics. I know the owner has done nothing wrong, but it would make me wonder if this would stop others from joining his club. I dislike cheaters and liars to the fullest.My opinion.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 8:36 AM

• pooped169
    123 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 11:11 AM

Robert1893:

Lutjanid:

The joy is in the giving. If people scam the program then it's only a reflection on themselves. It takes nothing away from the wonderful and generous spirit of the givers.

While that is correct, it does have the potential for taking away from future events. When there are appearances of players taking advantage of other players' generosity, some people are going to be less likely to gift in the future.

Indeed, over the last couple of years some have decided to either give less or not give at all because of the actions of a few recipients. No one likes to be taken advantage of or even feel as if he or she were taken advantage of. 

There will always be those who claim to need when they actually don't. It is what the values of our world has become. Discipline, Honesty, Hard Work, Trust, etc... is a thing of the past for most. All we can do is keep our heads up, move forward and let karma handle the trash. 

RSS