Help › Forums

Call away balls

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 28 2019 9:53 PM (46 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 1:07 PM

bossbird:

I would just rather your laughs weren’t at my expense ! Carry on replying if you wish I can continue too ! 

Good gravy, your question was answered by Hpurey and I chose to bring up his quite epic campaign to actually get them here. Were it not for his persistence we'd probably still not have them. Hazen and yellow became quite the forum topic for a long time.

Lighten up, this has nothing to do with you personally and nobdoy's laughing at your expense, it was just a fun remembrance of a great effort that a large number of readers get. Search "yellow callaway" for a light read, it'll make sense. Or not.

p.s., The irony I referenced was how happy you are with something Hpurey lobbied a long time for.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 1:17 PM

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 1:17 PM

In fact Yankee Jim , everything you have said is totally irrelevant to my question . 

And I don’t need you to tell me to lighten up. ! 

Now are you going to stop writing irrelevant stuff ! 

It s no wonder so many people don’t bother to use these forums !

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 1:24 PM

There was no laughing at your expense, bossbird.  I, for one, liked being reminded of the campaign for yellow balls.  The reminder was not the first new tangent in a WGT thread, and for sure not the last one.  “Irrelevant” is a bit harsh, imho.  Was just an interesting (to some) factoid.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 1:39 PM

Robert1893:

Actually, what huprey wrote did not answer her question at all. bossbird was asking where the person she played got a ball (for free by the other player's account) that's no longer in the Pro Shop. 

And there's nothing ironic about her playing a ball huprey lobbied for. He chose to reply to her. At best, the exchange is coincidental. That's especially so, she wasn't asking anything about the ball she was playing.

Well you get a gold star for being the astute one. Well done.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 1:43 PM

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 2:20 PM

@Bossbird maybe this may help as i think i understand a small part of this question. When a ball is no longer available in the pro shop,when you veiw the other players profile and click on the ball specs in cost it says "free". I believe this is because they are no longer available. I had the same situation with a player using a nike ball. Hope this helps , if i'm wrong i'm sure i'll hear about it :-)

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 2:51 PM

What YJ brought up, was truly a campaign of epic proprtions, that , to the best my knowledge, was basically the only time WGT listened to user imput other than this debacle. "H" is somewhat of of a WGT superhero because of it. Now, if he could just get them to fix the end of game chat, I would elevate his status to that of a god.

Doc :)

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 3:49 PM

While we’re on the topic of colored balls, whose brilliant idea was it to add green? I mean black is pretty horrible, but green is just...SMDH

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 4:11 PM

bossbird:

In fact Yankee Jim , everything you have said is totally irrelevant to my question . 

And I don’t need you to tell me to lighten up. ! 

Now are you going to stop writing irrelevant stuff ! 

It s no wonder so many people don’t bother to use these forums !

You know, bossbird, a lot of people read these forums and love to add or receive a bit of humor.  I do, for one.

As noted, you had your answer in the very first reply, and YJ was pointing out the irony in who was responding!!

YJ can be a bit curt some times (he will not disagree - too much) but he certainly was not doing anything at your expense and was bringing some levity to a thread where it would not hurt.  Whether it is irony or just a bit of history does not matter, we can all get along if we don't get paranoid and assume the worst about others.

There was some relevancy - it helps to understand background.  I read a lot of old stuff on this forum to try and pick up some of the history in certain areas.  I did not know this tidbit - although I did know that hpurey and yellow balls were almost synonymous (wait, that did not sound right).  Now I know a little more.

I have actually never heard of anyone leaving the forums from encountering too much humor or even history!!  (Although sometimes that Craigswan............... another story!)

I take a lot of comments with a grain of salt and I learned pretty soon which players help.  Players responding to this post help.  

RSS