Help › Forums

Full shots

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 25 2019 1:24 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2019 6:26 AM

I've requested this change SEVERAL times before but I'm doing it again.  All shots under 36 yards should be set on FULL.  Having a 40-50 shot set on chip or pitch is ludicrous!  Yes, I know all I have to do is change it.  But we shouldn't have to.  It's ridiculous.

Personally I would probably lower my stroke average significantly and I'm pretty sure it would be the same for many other members,  It should be a real easy fix!

How about giving me some kind of response this time?

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Jul 23 2019 7:00 PM

gerryniswonger:

I've requested this change SEVERAL times before but I'm doing it again.  All shots under 36 yards should be set on FULL.  Having a 40-50 shot set on chip or pitch is ludicrous!  Yes, I know all I have to do is change it.  But we shouldn't have to.  It's ridiculous.

Personally I would probably lower my stroke average significantly and I'm pretty sure it would be the same for many other members,  It should be a real easy fix!

But I hit a lot of punch shots inside 50 yards.  So why not set all shots inside 50 yards to punch?

See how that works?

There is no right answer - we just have to be our own caddy for every shot.  I have screwed that up enough - I wish my caddy was smarter!!  I wish I was smarter!

;-o)

• borntobesting
    9,622 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 2:20 AM

DoctorLarry:
    But I hit a lot of punch shots inside 50 yards.  So why not set all shots inside 50 yards to punch?
    it would be a better option that having it set to full! Because inside 36 yards you would have to hit your wedges at 50% power or less and ,most wedges don't perform well if hit under 50% power, 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 3:49 AM

In golf there a variety of shots possible. Each of these shots can be played with an adjusted amount of power. In this game, as well as real golf, the player selects the club, shot and amount of power. 

There is no right or wrong way to present this set of metrics to each WGT player. Rather,  it is for each player to make choices prior to each shot. If the caddie selects a club or shot that the player does not like; the player changes the situation. 

Change the metrics, if you want, but this does not change the facts. Players will always make choices about how to play a shot prior to hitting the ball. And remember that there is only one goal in mind. Get the ball in the hole in the least number of stokes. There is nothing in the rules about how to get there.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 5:16 AM

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 7:37 AM

gerryniswonger:

Hi,

One option for you would be in Game Settings to tick/check "Do not show Caddy" & that way it would always be left to you to select the appropriate club.

Only one problem with this, If & when you select the wrong club yourself you can't blame the Caddy any more :(

Ken

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 9:08 AM

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 9:39 AM

"it would be a better option that having it set to full! Because inside 36 yards you would have to hit your wedges at 50% power or less and ,most wedges don't perform well if hit under 50% power, "

I disagree.  For me I'm within 3 feet on 99% of all my shots within 36 yards. (Except when I forget to change to full shot of course)

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 9:46 AM

tick/check "Do not show Caddy" 

Jeez that would be really great.  Sadly, on shots less than 36 yards it uses the Caddie whether you want it or not.  I know because I always turn off the darn thing.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, Jul 24 2019 9:48 AM

Robert1893:

Kenher01:
    Only one problem with this, If & when you select the wrong club yourself you can't blame the Caddy any more :(

That's unacceptable! 

Like totally like! ;)

• PAGES
RSS