Forums

Help › Forums

Callaway Rogue Iron Set (L97+

Mon, Jul 22 2019 2:10 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alpenpirat
    1,122 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2019 12:58 PM

Rented this clubs today. The best to put them in the shredder. .... 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2019 1:07 PM

alpenpirat:

Rented this clubs today. The best to put them in the shredder. .... 

Everyone has an opinion.

They work fine for me - and have for quite some time.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2019 1:29 PM
    when you change clubs or test new clubs... you might consider clearing your cache... closing and reopening the game to "reset" your equipment or something like that... sometimes when you swap clubs in and out of your bag... things can be screwy sometimes.... also... each set of clubs and balls play slightly differently ... that requires learning your clubs... otherwise you blame the clubs for something you are not taking into account... I think they are very good clubs and you would like them once you learned how to play them... hope that helps. : )
  • alpenpirat
    1,122 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2019 10:34 PM

Saletti Lary 

I also have to confirm that the Series Driver & Freeway are better than my current clubs. And I've found a new putter ... then the Steels can be *** ... does not matter

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2019 1:36 AM

I have the Clallaway rouge L97, and the Callaway rouge Pro L100+..I hate the Pro, and using the L97 instead. Doesn’t matter which or what club you choose to use, whatever works. I think everyone says the rouge pro is the best irons available. For that reason still have them, and once in a while trying them, just can get use to them, maybe someday.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2019 3:13 AM

SlickHunter:
    I have the Clallaway rouge L97, and the Callaway rouge Pro L100+

Same here. I don't play that much anymore so I think for that reason it is taking me a little longer to get use to them. Also might be because the meter speed is a little faster. I will give it more time to get use to them.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2019 4:26 PM

callaghan159:

SlickHunter:

Same here. I don't play that much anymore so I think for that reason it is taking me a little longer to get use to them. Also might be because the meter speed is a little faster. I will give it more time to get use to them.

I wondered about that too.  It will be a bit before I get to Lvl 100, but the Lvl 100 irons have slightly better forgiveness but faster meter, as you said.  Meter is so important to me, I will probably just stay with the Lvl 97 since I don't want to count on slightly higher forgiveness to offset worse misdings!!

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2019 6:04 PM

I'm not a high enough level to comment on these clubs specifically, but I've found there's a surprising learning curve/adjustment period every time I switch to new clubs. I'm almost comically bad with new sticks initially, even if they're superior in all stats. I recall the first time I took my current Callys out I reckon I missed a dozen greens and dumped a ball in the drink first round out.

I hope the L97s are good - they're what I'm holding out for as I'm bogged down in the early 90s.

• CosmicDreams
    45 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2019 9:57 PM

I use the LVL97's.  I rented the LVL100's once, & hated them.  The 4.4 to 4.0 meter speed seemed like a huge difference, & I just couldn't get used to them.

The 4.4 meter speed also matches the LVL99 3-Wood, and is essentially the same as the 4.5 drivers & MACK Daddy wedges.

If you use expensive slow meter balls on a regular basis, then the LVL100's might be slightly better.

But if you use cheap-mid range balls most of the time, the LVL97's are the best.  I'll take the the roughly .5 meter speed over the .5 forgiveness any day, as better meter speed IS essentially more consistent forgiveness.

The .1 more precision was probably tacked on to the LVL100's to make them appear "better", though it has no discernible effect whatsoever.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sun, Jul 21 2019 11:41 PM

DoctorLarry:

callaghan159:

SlickHunter:

I wondered about that too.  It will be a bit before I get to Lvl 100, but the Lvl 100 irons have slightly better forgiveness but faster meter, as you said.  Meter is so important to me, I will probably just stay with the Lvl 97 since I don't want to count on slightly higher forgiveness to offset worse misdings!!

Yes the pro , although it has slow meter of 4, the L97 rouge has a smooth meter of 4.4. I just feel comfortable with the L97.

• PAGES
RSS