Forums

Help › Forums

Bracket Ties

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 31 2022 2:55 PM (7 replies)
  • okiechuck
    6,324 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2019 3:08 PM

When there is a tie in a bracket tournament, how is it determined which player will advance?

• WGTShamWow
    905 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2019 5:53 PM

From the Help/FAQ Section: http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx

In the event of a tie, the better scoring entrant between or among the tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final nine (9) holes of the Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final six (6) holes for such Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final three (3) holes for such Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest score for the 18th hole (9th for nine hole games) in such Game, and any remaining ties will be determined by identifying the lowest scoring entrant for each individual game hole, in sequence from 17th (8th for nine hole games) through to 1st, as is necessary to determine a winner, and if any ties remain at that point, the earlier-submitted entry between or among the tied entries will be deemed the better scoring entry.

Best,
    WGTShamWow

• okiechuck
    6,324 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2019 7:49 PM

Wow, quite the read but, I get it. Thanks for the quick reply.

Cheers, Chuck

• Gagsy2strong0
    6 Posts
    Mon, May 30 2022 8:59 AM

I don’t agree with the rules at all in my opinion… if I’m playing an open bracket and playing against somebody who is level 112 with a 60 handicap and I am at 90 and have a 68 handicap I think the person who has the higher handicap should be giving credit with the win…

Or go back on the nine holes just played and start with who got Eagles and then go down to who got the most birdies etc.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2022 5:35 AM

Old thread...

Your thoughts are quite off of real golf procedures of scorecard tie breaking. It is fine as it is, even if other proceedings would fit you better, giving you an advantage.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, May 31 2022 2:50 PM

pdb1:

Gagsy2strong0:
    Or go back on the nine holes just played and start with who got Eagles and then go down to who got the most birdies etc.

That is how it is done . As explained above .

There is no mention of using eagles, birdies etc above.  They are only used in the showdown and come in at about no 6 in deciding there.

RSS