OMG - SLOW

Mon, Jul 22 2019 7:20 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Sticks050
    335 Posts
    Wed, Jul 17 2019 5:39 PM

uh ... Is WGT really running this slow?

"YES" ... "INSANELY SLOW"

Forget the caches and cookies - That's been done.

Forget about blaming the ISP - That's not the problem.

(I'm running 500 Down/25 Up) - That's been confirmed.

I'm not slow anywhere, except WGT.

Perhaps it could be one, or a few of the things I've been thinking about:

"SERVERS" - Not enough memory(?)

Not enough bandwidth for Server (User) and/or Server (Database)

Database Server(s): CPU Load - Memory

Web Server(s): CPU Load - Memory Usage - Bandwidth to End Users - Bandwidth to Database Server(s).

I would really like to see a few of those numbers............

- C -

• craigswan
    30,836 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2019 2:17 PM

Mine is bad as well .

Homer Simpson GIF - Homer Simpson Computer GIFs

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2019 4:05 PM

Sticks050:
    Forget about blaming the ISP - That's not the problem.

How do you know?

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2019 4:25 PM

I dont know Sticks mine is slow as well . Its been this way for awhile now . Im thinking its due to the weather . With the storms in the south and the flooding no telling how many towers are down  and the damage being done .None of us knows the path of our signals but you can bet that there`s a whole lot going on between us and WGT .

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2019 1:33 PM

lonniescott711:

I dont know Sticks mine is slow as well . Its been this way for awhile now . Im thinking its due to the weather . With the storms in the south and the flooding no telling how many towers are down  and the damage being done .None of us knows the path of our signals but you can bet that there`s a whole lot going on between us and WGT .

It could be some localized issues like this.

I am having slowdown issues on a number of sites - especially ones that require any significant level of bandwidth like WGT.

If it really were a WGT issue - like we had when Wolf Creek came out and the servers really were overloaded, we would have a lot more complaints than we see now.

• Pego1986
    124 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2019 2:40 PM

This happens everytime when Free rentals is going on... So much playerys play game and servers cant handle it ! i dont know why they do this if they are not ready for presure ! i remember free rental and it was the same problem as now. Game is so slow, meter is freezing and sometime wrong distance. It is so sad that wgt cant aford more servers. But it looks like they dont care about community and ruining game experience. Its not so expensive buy more servers especialy for big company like this. 

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2019 3:30 PM

DoctorLarry:

lonniescott711:

It could be some localized issues like this.

I am having slowdown issues on a number of sites - especially ones that require any significant level of bandwidth like WGT.

If it really were a WGT issue - like we had when Wolf Creek came out and the servers really were overloaded, we would have a lot more complaints than we see now.

Also let us not forget that its summer time and school is out for the most part all across the US . Kids sucking the life out of the internet playing online games and who knows what else . 

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2019 4:59 PM

Extremely slow for me as well for about a week now. Not even remotely an issue on any and all other websites.

• Gepetto1958
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2019 6:01 PM

same here, v slow and Internet up here is A1...but I know ...more expensive lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 20 2019 6:04 PM

The main site seems to be taking its time getting from place to place but the game isn't affected if you go directly to the Game Client and by all means don't play with the main page open.

• PAGES
RSS