Help › Forums

Updated first purchase of clubs suggestion

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 18 2019 11:59 AM (1 replies)
  • KINGAR7HUR
    18 Posts
    Wed, Jul 17 2019 12:02 AM

Hey!

I'm wondering which clubs I should get first. I know this has been asked before, the popular opinion was the L48 taylormade r1 for driver, and G25 ping for irons. However I cannot find them at the pro shop.

What are your suggestions? I'm new to the game. Thank you!

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Jul 18 2019 11:59 AM

The Ping G25 were replaced by a newer model still at L59 and now listed as i500.

While many suggested the L48 TM driver, my preference was to wait for the L55 TM M5... it had a slower meter speed and just played better for me.  

The L48 was great but had a faster meter speed... if you have good reflexes you may find it or it's replacement suitable.  

Many try to keep their club choices around the same meter speed to minimize adjusting to different timing of the meter or (dinging).  

Your reflexes may dictate what clubs or meter speeds you are most comfortable with though.  

To delay or buy time until you get to the levels in the 50's where the clubs suggested are found... I used a couple sets of mobile coin rental clubs sets to help me as I was moved back on tees.  They are not earth shattering better but the higher trajectory version do play better.  Again, you may not be playing competitive golf but it will buy you time and save you credits to obtain clubs that will last a lot longer.

I did a post on a few coin sets to help people compare the specs.  

RSS