Forums

Help › Forums

Bullcrap Clash

Sun, Jul 14 2019 3:13 PM (6 replies)
  • azshawn71
    189 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 2:20 AM

Cmon WGT?....WTH is it with this type of conditions and choices? No new or semi new player is going to feel encouraged to play this game when you set stupid ass conditions like this. I bet the stats will prove it! Nice way to lose balls and spend more money on the game.

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 4:04 AM

azshawn71:
    Cmon WGT?....WTH is it with this type of conditions and choices?

It's a game. The PGA players play in this type of conditions, so why shouldn't we.

azshawn71:
    No new or semi new player is going to feel encouraged to play this game when you set stupid ass conditions like this.

The only way to get better at this game is to play all conditions. MHO.  It sucks, yes, but I did it coming up through the tiers. Suck it up and play all conditions or find something else to do during these types of conditions.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 4:23 AM

Clashes were not created to find individual champions. The clashes are for country clubs to come together as a group. Call it team building. Don't play in them if you think that you are going to get a personal benefit other than being a part of a team.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 4:57 AM

I wouldn’t play these clashes if it wasn’t for the Team. They are the most boring, for me anyway.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2019 8:36 AM

I really like playing the clash matches , and the conditions vary every time , the one before this last one had just fast greens , so it’s good to learn all conditions within your club tournaments so all the players can deal with the differing conditions when in the clash. 

Its still a great format for all players because a rare eagle or even birdie or a lucky long putt can turn a mediocre points score into something special. 

I think it engages the lower tiered players for that reason , as overall score in a round is not so important as the individual good pointing holes . 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2019 10:20 AM
    callaghan159:

azshawn71:
    Cmon WGT?....WTH is it with this type of conditions and choices?

It's a game. The PGA players play in this type of conditions, so why shouldn't we.

azshawn71:
    No new or semi new player is going to feel encouraged to play this game when you set stupid ass conditions like this.

The only way to get better at this game is to play all conditions. MHO.  It sucks, yes, but I did it coming up through the tiers. Suck it up and play all conditions or find something else to do during these types of conditions.

The PGA players are playing for a million dollars, lol we get a few passes, a couple course builders, now don't even get tee markers or flag markers. Lol I play the clashs, but definately not for the reason that you gave.
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, Jul 14 2019 3:13 PM

What I don't get about all the complaining is that (1) no one is forcing you to play, and (2) everyone is playing the same conditions.  

Play it or not, it is your choice. 

I guess whining is also your choice.

RSS