Forums

Help › Forums

CLASH 103 - the snowflake tees have melted already

Fri, Jul 12 2019 7:50 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • garyk49
    2,311 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2019 10:57 AM

Saw someone started a clash, went to play, got the load asset error, closed window, only choice was x in top right back on game client let me resume game.

St. Andy heavy winds, ha, more like gale winds.  Said T12 greens, had to play them at C14 to get to the hole.

At the end of the game it showed me as the only one that had played and I didn't start the game, and only 9 minutes left when I got done.  Oh yeah, and from the tips.

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 5:26 AM

jacktrade51:
    Our first 3 courses were Kia, CB and Kia.

Since then, we have had CB, CB, RSG, CB, and just started on Kiawah for our 8th match.

Tom.

• rjteeithi
    673 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 8:33 AM

Ladychipper:

How about some of these tee box markers?  LOL!

Golf Ball With Tee. Collection

I  got an idea, How about being able to reach the green on par 4s in 2 with WGTs best equipment....DUMB

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 10:11 AM

jacktrade51:

jacktrade51:
    Our first 3 courses were Kia, CB and Kia.

Since then, we have had CB, CB, RSG, CB, and just started on Kiawah for our 8th match.

Tom.

That's alot of CB, Tom.  Condolences.  We finally got St. A's in our 7th round.

Here's our first 10:  CB1, RSG1, CB2, K1, K2, CB3, St. A1, RSG2, St. A2, RSG3

WGTCHAMP was "looking into" the loading problems. Have seen no update from him . . . 

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 12:06 PM

(1/2 hour ago) Update from Champ:

While we have identified the issue, we would need to literally cancel and restart the clash and at this point that's more trouble than it's worth. 

The issue is with the flag used in the clash. On PC this gives an error that can be bypassed by reloading the window, or exit and relaunch. It's not effecting mobile since mobile will just replace the flag instead of trying to load the broken asset. 

_CHAMPION ”

• jacktrade51
    10,835 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 7:39 PM

Our last 3 were RSG, RSG, and St. A.

So final total was 4 CB, 3 Kiawah, 3 RSG, and St. Andrews at the very end.  So I guess it balanced out.

But 4 CB's in our first 7 matches was quite discouraging.  RSG and St. A a little easier.  Kiawah obviously the place to be for scoring. 

But still, for the many TM-Pro members of our club, 30 mph winds are really tough.  I suspect some of our Masters and TP's have never seen 30 mph winds.

Tom.

P.S.  BD rarely uses heavy winds in our club tournaments.  I get shifting winds are part of golf and in a clash it will balance out.  But in a single round club tournament, it's too big of a variable, in my opinion.

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Fri, Jul 12 2019 7:50 PM

We finished with overall 4 RSG, 3 CB, 2 St. A, and 2 K, so 9 of the windy ones.

We play alot of heavy wind in my club --- because I like it, lol --- but never as single-play unless it's also "easy" or "medium" tees.  You should try our "best of doglegs" course with heavy wind and short tees.  LOL

• PAGES
RSS