Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Tournaments

Mon, Aug 12 2019 12:03 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RenoRick
    108 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2019 5:15 PM

Seriously wgt.  Can't you tell how crappy your tournament setups are by the number of dropouts?

Take a nice course and add a 30 mph wind that nobody really wants to play or will enjoy.

You manage to screw up every weekly and monthly tournament by creating hurricane force winds.  What's the point?

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2019 6:51 PM

RenoRick:

Seriously wgt.  Can't you tell how crappy your tournament setups are by the number of dropouts?

Take a nice course and add a 30 mph wind that nobody really wants to play or will enjoy.

You manage to screw up every weekly and monthly tournament by creating hurricane force winds.  What's the point?

Sorry.  Are they forcing you to play?  Do the other players have the same conditions - or just you?

• RenoRick
    108 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 5:46 PM

Nobody,.

The high winds only add to the inconsistency of the shot.  WGT likes that because they can 'hide' crappy shot outcomes behind the wind.

Accuracy is at best 80% anyway.  Just wish they were a more honest outfit.

When was the last weekly tournament?  They're so busy counting their money they don't have time to create any weekly tournaments.

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 3:21 AM

RenoRick:
    When was the last weekly tournament?  They're so busy counting their money they don't have time to create any weekly tournaments.
    There are 7 weekly tournaments every week. Six of this weeks are stilll open for entrants.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 3:42 AM

I will look for and play these high wind set ups. If your statement that no one is playing in difficult WGT tournaments is true, then my chance of posting a winning score just went up.

That's the thing about tournaments; they are to be challenges and a prize is given to the best golfer, no matter what.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 1:06 PM

RenoRick:

Nobody,.

The high winds only add to the inconsistency of the shot.  WGT likes that because they can 'hide' crappy shot outcomes behind the wind.

Accuracy is at best 80% anyway.  Just wish they were a more honest outfit.

Wind is part of the game.  You have to learn how to account for it or it will blow you away.  Seems like many have done quite well in these tournaments so I guess it is not WGT.

Are you serious about weekly tournaments?  Where are you looking for them - they are there every week.

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 2:20 PM

RenoRick:

You can't be serious. Your score history does not have one weekly WGT tournament played since March 11th and it seems you mostly play the monthly St Andrews unlimited tournament. Why are you complaining about something you don't even participate in? I swear some people will complain just to hear themselves talk. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 2:51 PM

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 3:51 PM

RenoRick:

This is about the 100th thread you created to complain about the game.

Quit or Shut Up

• RenoRick
    108 Posts
    Wed, Jul 31 2019 4:57 PM

New update:

43 yard straight downwind (7-9 mph) DINGED, winds up 4 yards left (no roll) but pin-high..  Please explain.  It's a fix.

You just don't like players researching and finding issues with your sacred game.  And I should buy expensive golf balls to improve my game?  What a joke.

• PAGES
RSS