skip nav

Forums

Masters Sadness

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 9 2019 6:06 PM by Robert1893. 5 replies.
  • Robert1893 United States
    5,141 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2019 2:11 PM

Digg
    Delicious
  • mkg335 United States
    5,219 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2019 2:40 PM

Robert, obviously they're unaware of your superior intelligence, congenial personality, and dashing good looks.

Or possibly you were just unlucky.

Nah, I'm going with option 1.

Digg
    Delicious
    5,141 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2019 4:16 PM

Exactly! 

Finally... someone who truly understands. :-) 

Digg
    Delicious
  • Gepetto1958 Canada
    1,894 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2019 5:03 PM

i understand your sadness. I have received the same answer from Bayreuth Festspielhaus for more than twenty years :-(

Digg
    Delicious
  • twinponds169 United States
    1,839 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2019 5:12 PM

Gepetto1958:
     I have received the same answer from Bayreuth Festspielhaus for more than twenty years :-(

Now that one I had to Google, lol. Pretty awesome restoration job done there.

Robert, just curious, was it a random lottery to access those tickets, or other?

Digg
    Delicious
    5,141 Posts
    Tue, Jul 9 2019 6:06 PM

twinponds169:
    Robert, just curious, was it a random lottery to access those tickets, or other?

Yup, every year they have a certain number of tickets set aside that are distributed by lottery. I've been entering for about the last half dozen years or so. 

The irony is that my brother knows some people who could get him tickets. But he told me he would have to call in too many favors and that it wasn't worth it to him.

My brother also told me (in an off-handed way), "There's some course up by Pittsburgh who the CEO knows there. I could probably play a round up there because of his connections. I can't quite recall the name of the course. But again, it's not worth it, whatever the course is."

Of course, I know the name of the course. I said, "I hate you." 

Digg
    Delicious
RSS