Forums

Help › Forums

Which score is used on unlimited play tournaments?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 20 2017 8:50 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TheBigJonson
    86 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2011 3:55 PM

I may have missed this in the faq but can someone tell me which score is used in the unlimited-play tournaments?

lowest or last-played

Many thanks and great game!

• Dianne81
    773 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2011 6:23 PM

Your lowest score 

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2011 5:15 PM

We have a better chance of placing in single round tournaments.  That is because in unlimited games, unless you play over and over, it is very hard to post a decent score.  Even if you were to place in the top 70, because of ties, you are not likely to win much...that is unless you happen to be one of the top scorers (refer to second sentence)...and the wheels on the bike go round and round.

Joey

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Wed, Aug 24 2011 5:16 AM

TheBigJonson:

I may have missed this in the faq but can someone tell me which score is used in the unlimited-play tournaments?

lowest or last-played

Many thanks and great game!

now there's a good idea for an unlimited tourney.

stick or twist :)

• tony8280
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2017 9:58 AM

Hi This might be a dumb question or two! but unlimited play means you can play the course as times as you wish within the give period. correct?

and each time you play do you have to pay again or no?

Thanks for your help

Tony8280

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2017 12:14 PM

First question: Correct.

Which kind of payment do you mean?

Usually, you pay only for balls. There's no need to pay for a CC pass or a second entry fee.

• tony8280
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2017 4:47 PM

Thanks for your reply, you have cleared it up for me, I wasn't sure if we had to re enter and pay the credits again.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Jan 19 2017 10:08 PM

You're welcome, but: Which credits?

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2017 6:35 AM

alosso:

You're welcome, but: Which credits?

Maybe he is talking about CC premium tourneys but that are set as unlimited play. Because none of the premium tourneys or RG's are unlimited play. If he isn't talking about that then I have no clue either.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2017 7:50 AM

tony8280:

Thanks for your reply, you have cleared it up for me, I wasn't sure if we had to re enter and pay the credits again.

Some advice:

Don't play ANYTHING that requires an entry fee. Learn the game first. You're throwing your credits away. Don't even enter CC "pay-to-play" tourneys unless it specifically your tier (or below). Again, you'll more than likely just be giving your credits to someone else, and wasting balls. 

The unlimited free weekly and monthly tournaments are a good way to learn courses, shots, etc. Once you've gotten a decent grip on how to play, just do the unlimiteds once. Don't play half way, click restart and do it over. You're just throwing money/credits away, unless you're like so many here and need that ego boost. Too many suckers here that will go through 2,3,10, or more times what they win, in ball costs. 

If you're using starter balls, play until your heart's content. 

Once you've been here a while, you'll probably see that the unlimited tourneys are a waste of time and money/credits. They pay poorly, and unless you've shot a leading score on the first try, you're losing money/credits.

I'll play some of the 9 hole unlimited tourneys when I'm bored. The 18 holes unlimiteds are for the suckers ;-). If you do play an 18 hole unlimited, make the Virtual Tour tournament. Even a Top 10 in the VT is still a "loss" unless you only played it once, without any restarts.

• PAGES
RSS