Help › Forums

CC Tournament payout messed up!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 8 2019 11:04 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Bishop7319
    67 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2019 5:19 AM

I made a tournament on my country club set to pay out 100 credits divided between the top three scorers and it only paid out in cents! What's the deal here?

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2019 11:25 AM

• thewonderstuff
    1,436 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2019 11:37 AM
    a 100 credits = $1.00
  • MaxAsh
    59 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2019 11:43 AM

I see what she means. It shows on the leaderboard as $0.35 and that is cents, but in my email it is correctly stated as $35.00. So yes Angie, we were credited correctly and thanks for posting a pay out game as we can all use credits!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2019 12:40 PM

@Max: It's but 35 credits, neither 35 nor 0.35 $!

IMHO, they want you to fool yourself, and as the posts show, they are successful 😒

It's the typical wrong display of the game's "money", misleadingly giving the impression that credits can be re-changed into Dollars, and at the same rate.

Correction #1: Credits "have no monetary value", according to WGT's T&Cs (below).

Correction #2: The only way to make some money out of a big pile of credits comes with an exchange rate worse than 5 : 1, see the "Elite" section of the Pro Shop.

Truth is, you may get 100 credits for 1 $, but not vice versa.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2019 3:14 PM

alosso:
    Correction #2: The only way to make some money out of a big pile of credits comes with an exchange rate worse than 5 : 1

Considerably worse, 6.6 : 1.  And yes you need 165,000 credits before you get a gift token, still not money but certainly getting closer.

I suppose that means if you win the credits a chat with MisterWGT costs you $151.51 (not sure who pays for the call) but if you buy the credits for the chat it's $1,000  (wgt may pay then). ;-)

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Jul 7 2019 9:54 PM

DodgyPutter:
    alosso:
    Correction #2: The only way to make some money out of a big pile of credits comes with an exchange rate worse than 5 : 1

Considerably worse, 6.6 : 1.  And yes you need 165,000 credits before you get a gift token, still not money but certainly getting closer.

Thanks for posting the precise numbers!

Buying goods with a gift card brings the credits back into real world value - good enough for me.

DodgyPutter:
    I suppose that means if you win the credits a chat with MisterWGT costs you $151.51 (not sure who pays for the call) but if you buy the credits for the chat it's $1,000  (wgt may pay then). ;-)
    This offer begs a few questions:
    - is Chad still available for the call?
    - who pays for the (international?) call?
    - what to ask the CEO during one hour, given the limited scope of subjects? "making and play of WGT" does not include any organisational questions, nor future courses...

Back to the credits:
    WGT will not make a difference between credits won or bought - it should be the same toy money for them. I suppose that only the intake of RL $$ is of any importance for them.

Credits care for themselves, due to the ubiquitous rake %%. The credits they shell out are peanuts, presumably, and the gift card credits might have been payed for multiple times...

It is win-win - ehm, double win for the company!

• Bishop7319
    67 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2019 5:18 AM

I have talked to the players. Despite the leader board stating in fractions, the players did receive the proper credits due them. ie 55.00 35.00 + 15.00 and the leader board should show it as such.

I'm satisfied and done with this topic. Thanks for all the input. :o)

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2019 8:18 AM

I set a $9.00 payout tourney for the country club that I am in, to pay out top 3 spots, however only 4 members entered. It was a 2 round tourney that all 4 ended up WD from. Since there was no payout. Will this $9.00 be credited back to me since i was the host? Or is it lost to WGT? Any input is appreciated

Thanks,

Chris1973M

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jul 8 2019 9:33 AM

Chris1973M:
    Will this $9.00 be credited back to me since i was the host?

It doesn't happen automatically. You need to contact Customer Service. They'll sort it out. 

Link

• PAGES
RSS