Forums

Help › Forums

Question about Club Sets

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 30 2019 5:18 PM (20 replies)
  • superdestructor
    523 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2019 3:07 AM

I was browsing through the Pro Shop and found a club set Ping G25 Set (L59+). Problem is the description does not tell how far each club hits or their other stats.

How can I compare them then?

The link for Club Set is also given for reference here.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2019 8:39 AM

• AlaskanDame
    18,958 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2019 8:57 AM
    superdestructor:

I was browsing through the Pro Shop and found a club set Ping G25 Set (L59+). Problem is the description does not tell how far each club hits or their other stats.

That's a fine club set. You might also consider a longer driver. Your Master tees are longer . . . . how about this one, a match with the irons you are considering:

Ping G25 9.5 degree Driver, (lvl 34+), 250 yards, @745 credits. The meter will be a little faster than the starter driver, but I’m betting your reflexes are great.
  • Arsirocker
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2019 12:44 PM

@TopShelf2010

Thank you for guiding me to this useful resource. A very nice and necessary database I must say.

@AlaskanDame

Best selection both in terms of quality and cost. I am working on getting this one very soon.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2019 4:39 PM

Arsirocker:
    Thank you for guiding me to this useful resource. A very nice and necessary database I must say.

Regardless of what you see there, those Pings are the perfect choice for where you're at. Your next 30+ levels will go quickly so be patient. Play every day, there's special bonuses in the CDP as you progress.  :-)

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2019 10:40 PM

(Ping G25 Set (L59+))

<snip>Obsolete!

Next buy might be a 3WD - better than your Starters, cheaper than a driver, and a good choice from tee AND fairway!

Next stop: three short wedges, from 50 / 60 yds on.

• superdestructor
    523 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2019 1:28 AM

alosso:

(Ping G25 Set (L59+))

Most important detail of these clubs is:

They are the first to have "high" trajectory!

This may become important only as a Legend, from longer tees, but it will give them a long-lasting advantage!

There may be other "high" clubs available to you, if not: choose G25!

Next buy might be a 3WD - better than your Starters, cheaper than a driver, and a good choice from tee AND fairway!

Next stop: three short wedges, from 50 / 60 yds on.

Very important detail there, high trajectory is absolutely necessary for carry distance on those longer back tees. Also high trajectory clubs as I understand usually are able  to stop the ball rather than have it roll as the medium trajectory clubs do.

Yes thank you for suggesting upgrade order of clubs. I will pay heed to them.

@Arsirocker

I have to agree with YankeeJim the tier you are at is absolutely doable with your starter clubs. I being through all this know it. Best is to level up first till Pro tier or even Tour Pro and then start thinking of upgrading clubs.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2019 6:08 AM

superdestructor:

To try and answer your relevant question.

Firstly, these clubs are obsolete and should not be in the pro shop. (see Scott's Tables)

Secondly, the description of the set makes no sense in the following ways-

The picture shown of driver, 3 wood and hybrid ties in with the discounted price, however,

the description says "set includes  driver, wood, hybrid and irons at a discount.".

The first user review tallies with this as it says, "Great set. Wood clubs give you distance to get eagle putts. Iron clubs have great accuracy. Well recommended."

Now, the above statements, both from WGT and the user, make no sense as this would mean they were discounting the woods and giving the irons for free.

What i think has maybe happened, and i'm only guessing,  is that the set, including the irons was for sale, (at a much higher price) but after the irons were withdrawn they never updated the description and the user reviews would have included the original, higher priced full set.

So, to summarise- this is a set no longer available, either as a set or individually, re the irons, they were indeed a very good option with the high flight but that is totally irrelevant now as they don't exist in this form anymore.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2019 6:17 AM

Nicole161106:
    Firstly, these clubs are obsolete and should not be in the pro shop. (see Scott's Tables)

Yes, they are no longer G25s, they're i500s now. Same clubs.  :-)

• BHenke2
    397 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2019 8:03 AM

Just an observation and nothing else. The original question was asked by superdestructor and the follow up was by Arsirocker. Both from the same country and both joined WGT in Aug 2010. If you are the same person I would suggest deleting the account you no longer use. Multi accounts are kinda frowned upon around here. 

RSS