Forums

Help › Forums

Announcement: Two Drivers Are Changing Level

Wed, Jun 26 2019 3:09 PM (55 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2019 4:29 PM

Good news Champ thx.  Maybe the drivers everyone has been waiting for.  

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2019 5:02 PM

The Golden Driver is my guess.

You know the one that goes 425 and if anywhere near the hole it goes in no matter how badly it was mishit.

I know I need one of those but not sure if I want everyone else to have one :-)

EE

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2019 6:27 PM

NVM

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2019 9:00 PM

Has ic0n ann0unced d0wn time yet?

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2019 9:11 PM

I haven't seen it yet Lonnie ... and the usual time is less than one hour away. It might not be tonight at all.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Jun 24 2019 9:26 PM

Downtime has been pushed to tomorrow.

_Champion

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2019 1:28 AM

WGTChampion:

You may be thinking, "why would you drop the level on the highest level driver in the game?"

You'll have an answer for that after our downtime (which should be tonight 6/24). Feel free to speculate on what that may be in the comments. Also, keep a lookout for Icon's normal downtime message to confirm when the downtime will take place.

A wild guess is that the illussion of better play and the actuality of even lower scores is going to be on the market for around $55. Of course that's just over $8 to the credit winners so find the cash or the gap gets bigger  :-(

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2019 4:38 AM
    DodgyPutter:

WGTChampion:

You may be thinking, "why would you drop the level on the highest level driver in the game?"

You'll have an answer for that after our downtime (which should be tonight 6/24). Feel free to speculate on what that may be in the comments. Also, keep a lookout for Icon's normal downtime message to confirm when the downtime will take place.

A wild guess is that the illussion of better play and the actuality of even lower scores is going to be on the market for around $55. Of course that's just over $8 to the credit winners so find the cash or the gap gets bigger  :-(

Orrrrrr, wgt feels the need to generate more cash flow. Since the cc glitch, is no longer allowing many more people to attain the higher levels faster, they drop the level for the best equipment and simply charge more for it. More accessibility, equals more cash income.
  • AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2019 4:44 AM

I'm guessing the reason for lowering level is:

1. Lowering level and increasing price will result in more sales and profit? ; p

2. There was a glitch in the mobile app to get top level driver that many lower level players took advantage of well before level 103. Making it unfair to those that were not aware of the glitch (like myself)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 25 2019 5:02 AM

Luckystar5:
    they drop the level for the best equipment and simply charge more for it.

How does the price increase compare to what the ball cost would be for those 4 extra levels? Kinda looks like a deal to me.

RSS