Help › Forums

Pardon My Newb-ness

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 30 2019 7:47 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • KCMD34
    23 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2019 12:01 PM

Curious, what possesses a person to ascend to a level of 90-100, have a tier of Tour Master or higher, carry a profile avg score of 80-90, then go and hang out in the Beverly Hills room and shoot 4 under par?

Sincerely,

WTH?

• kipdog87
    2,046 Posts
    Fri, Jun 21 2019 4:28 PM

I have never heard of B\hills room, what is to do with this game.

Mick

• AlaskanDame
    18,876 Posts
    Sat, Jun 22 2019 2:18 AM

Average scores for players on the mobile platform are not a great clue for their skill since they play very few ranked rounds.  That level of “90-100” is much more indicative of skill there — or at least a lot of experience.

• KCMD34
    23 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2019 8:12 PM

Thx.

AlaskanDame:
    not a great clue for their skill since they play very few ranked rounds

Help me understand how playing on the mobile platform will not accrue ranked rounds when the player selects either "ranked" or "practice" before they play a course?  All my play so far has been on a mobile device and all my rounds, with the exception of the practice rounds, were ranked.

• KCMD34
    23 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2019 8:22 PM

Kip, there may be a mobile vs PC/Mac disconnect here.  On the mobile, the "Play" button moves you into selectable games to play, i.e. one, three or nine holes for x entry and xy prize.  Each area has a label to delineate the differences in level such as skill, $, merch received and ceilings or caps.

When I activate a sponsor to gain apparel I would play the one hole low entry/prize section called the Beverly Hills room.

I'm an not sure how the desktop version is formatted because I only use the mobile.

• WGTShamWow
    905 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2019 11:42 AM

So Coin Room Rounds, primarily consisting of 1 and 3 hole game types, with a few 9 hole options, would not count as ranked rounds. For ranked rounds you would want to play Stroke Play rounds under the Courses section, where you select Ranked instead of Practice. Tournaments would also count as long as they aren't Best of Par 3, Best of Par 5, or Closest to the Hole. 

• BOZskills
    388 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2019 12:38 PM

Maybe I can help answer this question for you kcmd,if you look at the coin rooms there are only two options to play a nine hole match. The b/h room and the shanghai room. Inthe bh room as a legend i play from the black tees,in the shanghai room i play from the blue tees. While i play mostly in the shanghai room now, i feel almost like i'm cheating playing from the shorter tees,so my only opportunity to play a nine hole match from the tips is the beverly hills room. Hope this helps at least a little bit.

• KCMD34
    23 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2019 1:20 PM

Wow,

Then am I to assume that playing friends would follow the same logic and not count as ranked rounds as well?

And if so, it's possible to reach upper levels and tiers w/o amassing any (or at the least minimal) stats and subsequently have a high avg score?

Thx, KC

• WGTShamWow
    905 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2019 6:43 PM

Playing friends would be the same. You can reach the higher tiers by only playing coin room rounds, a large number of players have. But as a number of factors go into a players tier, having a more even spread across different game types could be more beneficial than primarily playing 1 game type. :)

Best,
    WGTShamWow

• KCMD34
    23 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2019 6:46 PM

Wow, thx for the clarification.

KC

• PAGES
RSS