Forums

Help › Forums

Andyson Memorial Tournament 2019 news

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 28 2019 10:50 AM (20 replies)
  • Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Wed, Jun 19 2019 6:44 PM

To anyone interested it will be played signups to start on or around July 4th

2019 Andyson Memorial Tournament

The set up will be the same as previous years. Everyone is eligible to play regardless of Tier, level or skill, Mobile players are not eligible for Elimination rounds but will be able to participate in the stroke play rounds (this will be extended this year as a side by side tournament). Only stipulation for mobile players is you must play rounds without apparel upgrades as this will give you an advantage. As with previous tournaments prizes will not be awarded as an incentive but if anyone on thier own wants to set up a prize incentive by all means feel free

Round 1 will be 18hole stroke play ranked game played at designated course you can play alone or with others, but only your first ranked round for the course that shows in score history will count (Not Country club tournaments or WGT tournaments). You will have 1 week to play and post a score.

Round 2 will be 18hole stroke play ranked game played at designated course you can play alone or with others, but only your first ranked round for the course that shows in score history will count. You will have 1 week to play and post a score.

The lowest total of both rounds in each Tier(including ties) will automatically advance to the Elimination round. Failure to post a score in either round will result in you not being eligible for elimination round.

The Elimination round will consist of 64 players. All of the Tier leaders who recieved an automatic advance and the remaining players who will be chosen at random to fill the field from those that completed both stroke play rounds.

There will be 5 9hole match play rounds and 1 18hole match play round for the final. You will have 2weeks to arrange and play your game failure to do so will result in a winner chosen by a flip of a coin. The winner will receive the coveted Andyson Memorial Trophy(for display on their WGT page). Courses will be chosen at random prior to start of elimination round. Each round of elimination will begin after previous round has completed.

New for this year will be the extended Stroke play Tournament. After the initial 2 stroke play rounds, all those who completed both will be eligible for the Stroke play Championship. This will consist of randomly chosen courses played weekly. The Cut line will be half the field each week until there is one winner. If a score falls on the cut line everyone with that score will advance. (IE: 100 people play cut line player scores a 66 every player that scored a 66 even if under the cut lne will advance) These will also be 18 hole ranked rounds (Not C.C. or WGT tournaments) Failure to post a score will result in your elimination. This is not a total score just the score for that weeks tournament (IE 1st week cut line is 66 you score 60 the next weeks game cut line is 64 but you score 65 you would be eliminated) Cut line will be determined after round is completed. Next round will begin after cut line is determined. Winner will receive Andyson Memorial Stroke play Trophy for display on their WGT page

Sign ups to start on or around July 4th Tournament play to Start August 1st, when signing up please specify Elimination only, Stroke play only (this is Mobil players only option), or Both.

this will be re-posted for signup

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Wed, Jun 19 2019 7:14 PM

That is great news to hear! You did a great job last year. Looking forward to the honor of playing again in it. I used my ball marker last Sunday and always enjoy explaining the history behind it.

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Wed, Jun 19 2019 8:22 PM

The first time I was gonna use my marker I told my nephew and his good friend the story behind it before we teed off. Couldn't wait to mark my ball. Into the fairway bunker.....Wonderfully lucky 4 iron to the fringe.....Holed the putt.

Had to wait two holes.....Pretty sure he had somethin' to do with it, hehehhee.

I'd love to be a part of the best thing on here again!

Thanks to any and everyone who is helping to put this together.

I'm not too comp savvy, but if I can help in any way lemme know.

Brothers,

~txzdave~

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2019 4:14 AM

Well played, Shedlite . Congrats again on last years' tourney, a most excellent job. I'm sure this years' event will be outstanding.

Doc :)

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2019 7:12 AM

txzdave:

The first time I was gonna use my marker I told my nephew and his good friend the story behind it before we teed off. Couldn't wait to mark my ball. Into the fairway bunker.....Wonderfully lucky 4 iron to the fringe.....Holed the putt.

Had to wait two holes.....Pretty sure he had somethin' to do with it, hehehhee.

I'd love to be a part of the best thing on here again!

Thanks to any and everyone who is helping to put this together.

I'm not too comp savvy, but if I can help in any way lemme know.

Brothers,

~txzdave~

Cowt mean 2

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2019 10:05 AM

Shedlite:

To anyone interested it will be played signups to start on or around July 4th

Just say when and I`ll be there to play . Lets play a different course this year . The last 2 it was Andys` not that Im complaining . But a different course would be nice .

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2019 11:13 AM

lonniescott711:
    Lets play a different course this year . The last 2 it was Andys` not that Im complaining . But a different course would be nice .

With all respect Lonnie, mabye they use St Andrew with a reference to Andyson.

I didn’t play for a couple of years and was surprised on my return to discover what had happened. I had in the distant past played a few times with Andyson, only a couple but they were totally enjoyable.

And i would love to play in this years event, it’ll be my first.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2019 4:34 PM

I will be there , and would like to see it a St Andy .

OPY 

• Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2019 6:29 PM

St. Andrews is always first course (in stroke play) as it was Dennis's favorite

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Thu, Jun 20 2019 10:38 PM

May I play?

RSS