Forums

Help › Forums

Bracket Tournament seatings

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:42 PM (3 replies)
  • IshtoNita
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 17 2019 6:31 PM

I was playing a bracket tournament and tied in the second round with my next opponent. Even though I scored 69 to his or hers 77, he or she was moved on while I was bumped. this has happened repeatedly and I want to know why.

Will anyone explain to me how the one leading gets the axe every time. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2019 7:44 PM

IshtoNita:

I was playing a bracket tournament and tied in the second round with my next opponent. Even though I scored 69 to his or hers 77, he or she was moved on while I was bumped. this has happened repeatedly and I want to know why.

I am confused.  Were you tied or leading?

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:40 PM

IshtoNita:

Yep, you had a 69 to that persons 77 in round one.

In round 2 both of you tied when playing against each others score.  I figure due to WGT's tie breaking rules the other player won and advanced to round 3.  You lost due to tie breaker rules.  Find them and read them to better understand, they are on the website.  Search over  → → → → → → → there.

Each round of a bracket is like a tournament to itself.  Once that round is over, your scores for that round no longer matter.  You need to understand how brackets work.  You only are playing against the score of your opponent in that round.  Not everyone else within that bracket round.

So many times we read, "I shot lower then someone else in that round, but they advanced and I didn't".

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:42 PM

IshtoNita:

looking at your score history, it appears that you, and your opponent both shot 71 in the second round.  The tie break system for bracket events is the lowest score on the final 9 holes..if still tied, the lowest score on the final 6 holes...if still tied, the lowest score on the final 3 holes...if still tied...then it goes to the 18th hole score, then backwards from 17, 16, etc. The tie breaker rules are available for each tournament at the top of the tournament under the FAQ link.  Your opponent must have had a better back 9 score than you...therefore, he/she would be declared the winner.

RSS