Forums

Help › Forums

Versa 96

Sat, Jun 8 2019 10:07 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • 1Grandpa1
    7 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2019 9:37 PM

is the Versa level 96 not available anymore? been waiting to reach this level to get this club. if not what would be the better putter for off ding putting.

• ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2019 9:12 AM

You are correct the Versa 96 is gone. The higher end Versa putters were basically replaced with the Odyssey Sabertooth series. In an update or two ago the high end Odyssey Sabertooth's along with a lot of other clubs were removed. I would not be surprised to see an upgraded version back in the Pro Shop in an upcoming product update.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2019 9:47 AM

1Grandpa1:
    is the Versa level 96 not available anymore? been waiting to reach this level to get this club. if not what would be the better putter for off ding putting.

Daytona is was a good off ding putter.

But guess what?

They dumped that too.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2019 12:31 PM

1Grandpa1:
    is the Versa level 96 not available anymore? been waiting to reach this level to get this club.

Ironically enough, I miss the L70 Versa.  ;-)

• 1Grandpa1
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2019 1:36 PM

its a good putter but has some issues...anything 5' and under are easy and rarely missed, and 25' and over lag putts always close (tho seldom drop) but from about 8' to 20' are near impossible for me, prob less than 20% made....looking for a putter that helps some in that range.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2019 11:18 PM

Any of the top putters are not that good at off ding putting. The higher forgiveness works against off dings trying to get it back on line. 

• ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2019 11:44 PM

1Grandpa1:
    if not what would be the better putter for off ding putting.

The SeeMore M5HT Putter (L55) has approximately the same specs as the Daytona 55. The Daytona has a balance of 3.0 the SeeMore a balance of 3.1, otherwise identical. The Daytona was a very good off-ding putter, I think the SeeMore will be comparable.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2019 7:09 AM

1Grandpa1:

its a good putter but has some issues...anything 5' and under are easy and rarely missed, and 25' and over lag putts always close (tho seldom drop) but from about 8' to 20' are near impossible for me, prob less than 20% made....looking for a putter that helps some in that range.

I never had any issues with the Versa Level 70 putter. In my opinion, it was the best value putter WGT ever offered. When I upgraded to the Sabertooth, I didn't see a dramatic improvement. 

While the Sabertooth holds the line a bit better, the Versa was a fantastic putter. 

• CosmicDreams
    45 Posts
    Thu, Jun 6 2019 8:08 PM

The LVL70 Versa is every bit as good as the LVL96 was, so you're not missing out on much.  The 5.0 meter speed vs the LVL96's 4.5 cancels out the 0.5 difference in precision.

Meter speed IS precision, and once you go to a 5.0 meter putter, you can't go back.  The LVL 98 Sabertooth putter was good too, but the LVL70 Versa is much better for off-ding putting.

• Silverwax
    42 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2019 3:14 PM

I’ve tried numerous putters over the last ten years but nothing has been as satisfyingly on message as the L70 Versa which I’ve had for a long time.

• PAGES
RSS