Help › Forums

how can I get better?

Mon, Jul 8 2019 10:26 AM (41 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Jun 3 2019 5:15 PM

DoctorLarry:

Bjelis:
    Ever since I found this game I was'nt able to open any videos for credits, I don't have it on my screen.

Sorry - I did not notice you are not in US.

I believe the credit videos are only allowed in the US.  (Some law, I suppose).

if you are playing on the desktop computer, you don't often see the link for credit videos.  

but there are players in Europe and outside the continental US that are able to access what are regarded as the "mobile platform 2 credit videos" but they tend to download an android emulator like "bluestakes or Nox" and while it has some glitches for playing the game, it does allow them to build up a credit bankroll by watching the 2 credit videos.    

I don't know all of the countries where people do this, but I do know a number of them all live outside of the US.

If you are a mobile player and you still don't see the 2 credit videos being offered, then as DocLarry suggest there may be some issue/law or otherwise that disables them for overseas accounts.

Hope this helps a bit more...

• RenoRick
    108 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2019 6:27 AM

Spend lots of money on equipment and $3 virtual golf balls and WGT will reward you with great scores.  Otherwise, go crazy trying to improve.  It's like hitting your head against the wall, it feels so good to stop.

• AndyJames123
    77 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2019 7:13 AM

Bjelis:

I play this game for some time but I don't know how to progress in this game? I have a shitty equipment, there is no way for free credits and I'm level 40. How  can I progress and not to buy credits?

firstly you need to get your level up to mid 70s which may take a little while but then gives you the chance to purchase better equipment, a good driver going around 275 yards will make a massive difference to your game when you are tour pro/master tier. finally practise, practise and take notes. good luck

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2019 10:09 AM

RenoRick:
    Spend lots of money on equipment and $3 virtual golf balls and WGT will reward you with great scores.

Correction, it will reward you with only the possibility of great scores.  Oh and I'd be so happy if the golf balls I wanted to use only cost 300 credits.  ;-)

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2019 10:31 AM

hpurey:

RenoRick:
    Spend lots of money on equipment and $3 virtual golf balls and WGT will reward you with great scores.

Correction, it will reward you with only the possibility of great scores.  Oh and I'd be so happy if the golf balls I wanted to use only cost 300 credits.  ;-)

Correct.  One must come close to mastering the equipment they have before any upgrade will make a difference.  

• ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2019 10:39 AM

DoctorLarry:
    You need to get proficient with the starter equipment before even considering moving up to better clubs and/or balls.

That is horrible advice. If you want to waste your time playing crappy golf then you should take this advice.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2019 10:54 AM

ItsTooSweet:
    That is horrible advice. If you want to waste your time playing crappy golf then you should take this advice.

Actually, it's not horrible advice. At the early stages, a player's focus should not be on his or her scoring average. The player's focus should be on learning the courses and course management.

Except for wedges, I didn't do any upgrades until I hit levels 48 (driver) and 59 (irons). By playing the starters for everything else, I learned a lot about course management. For the wedges, I got the Clevelands (around levels 27 to 31). 

One can learn a lot by playing "crappy" golf. A player can also save a lot of credits that way as well. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2019 12:16 PM

RenoRick:
    Spend lots of money

I and others don’t.

RenoRick:
    It's like hitting your head against the wall

Why on earth would you want to do that, it must hurt...

• ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2019 5:24 PM

Robert1893:

ItsTooSweet:

Actually, it's not horrible advice.

Yes, it truly is. If this is such sage advice then...

Name all the top money winners that says it's important to master the starter ball and starter equipment.

Go down the list of top 20 money winners on the front page and find anyone of them who gives this advice.

Go to a Tour Champion ready go list and find a top ten finisher, ask any one of them if their advice is to get proficient with starter equipment and starter balls.

Enter a ready go with your starter equipment and starter balls and bring your awesome course management skills that you learned until level 48 with you, and tell us if you lost money or if you made money. You can post your scorecard here. DoctorLarry can post his scorecard as well.

Show any posts in the forum of any top player giving the advice to master the starter ball and starter equipment.

If it is such great advice you should be able to find top players all over the place giving this advice.

Robert1893:
    At the early stages, a player's focus should not be on his or her scoring average. The player's focus should be on learning the courses and course management.

Assuming any of this is true, which is highly debatable, nothing in your post requires starter equipment or starter balls to achieve.

I would highly suggest to beginners who want to get good quickly, level up as quick as possible and get decent equipment. Find yourself a mentor who plays outrageously well. 

Mastering your starter ball and starter equipment is an inefficient waste of time if you want to play at a high level quickly. You can also immediately jump to championship green speeds, you don't have to wait a year or several.

• ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Tue, Jun 4 2019 5:57 PM

Use the Starter Clubs, Luke.

RSS