Forums

Help › Forums

confused

Mon, Jun 3 2019 1:12 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sgtidball
    19 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2019 7:20 PM

How can WGT player get to Tour Master with only 240 ranked rounds? 

• grossstadtkerl
    267 Posts
    Sun, May 26 2019 10:13 AM

I have seen Legend and Tour Legend players with zero ranked rounds. So its possible with coin games only too.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, May 26 2019 1:45 PM

sgtidball:

How can WGT player get to Tour Master with only 240 ranked rounds? 

Play mobile?  I believe that tiers are based solely on levels up to a certain point - perhaps Legend, for mobile players.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, May 26 2019 2:07 PM

There are quite a few ways, but is 240rr's even especially few?

Even without playing any mobile or match play,  or even any tournament wins it could be done in 100 ranked rounds.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, May 26 2019 8:49 PM

Don't be confused...look this way   >>>>> OOO<<<<<

See, better now.

• sgtidball
    19 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 7:01 AM

Okay. That helps, but how would one accomplish that?  Is it simply a matter of many, many practice rounds before taking on a ranked round? Or, must many $$ be invested in high end equipment; plus time spent charting clubs, balls, etc. before playing ranked rounds?

All this may seem obvious, but I think I've been going about this the wrong way by only playing ranked rounds and trying to level up based on volume of playing experience - which of course involve lots of failure and learning the hard way. :-(

• sgtidball
    19 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 7:14 AM

I'm old school and not adept at keyboard short hand. What does >>>>000<<<< mean?

• RenoRick
    108 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 7:18 AM

You can get anything you want at WGT, if pony up the cash.  WGT is all about the money.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 3:31 PM

sgtidball:
    Okay. That helps, but how would one accomplish that?  Is it simply a matter of many, many practice rounds before taking on a ranked round? Or, must many $ be invested in high end equipment; plus time spent charting clubs, balls, etc. before playing ranked rounds?

It depends how you want to do it.  The easiest way is to play CC red tee stuff but you don't seem to do that and fair enough.

I think the way you're doing it seems just fine. To varying extents everyone charts their clubs but that needn't involve a sheet of distances or the like, it could be a mental note of how far each shot goes and how wind and elevation change that.  More serious charting obviously helps.  Your equipment looks fine and you're getting there.

I've never really seen the point in practice rounds, unless you have something specific you want to practice.  A ranked round may not always help your tier progression or your understanding of how to play but it will never hurt either.

If this was about the Aussie I'm guessing it is then he does play red tee CC stuff and when he's not he doesn't score any better than you, four worse over nine sometimes.

Maybe some folk tier up too quickly and I don't really see the attraction in that. 

Good luck :-)

• sgtidball
    19 Posts
    Mon, May 27 2019 7:45 PM

. Thanks. I appreciate the time and effort you invested in your reply.

• PAGES
RSS